Is it Just Me Or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I haven’t noticed the mechanical issues.

What I have noticed is the “which bike” threads by new members. Don’t mind helping them out but some of them seem to have made up their minds already and argue when you make a suggestion! I mean what’s the point in asking our advice if your not going to take it?!
You’re not married then?
Ever been asked to give an opinion on which outfit you prefer? I always get it wrong.
im not sure why she asks in the first place.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been on this forum since 2007, I've lost track of most people who've come and gone in that time, I don't really notice people who just post once and then disappear

Sharky

Guru
Always suspicious of newbies that come along and ask for views on this/that product and gives a link.
This will than get all of the active cycle chat to view their website, thus raising the hit profile of that product.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Shouldn't newbies be forced to undergo some kind of initiation rite like drinking bleach or sticking a 1000 lumen Moon LED up their bottoms?

You give away preferences like that, n all the ne'rdowells will guess your passwords easy peasy :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Good luck with that.

You can flounce; anybody’s who’s anybody has flounced at least once, or thought about it.

You can disappear without a trace. This is technically possible, though memories have a way of lingering.

You can tough it out to the bittersweet end. Either yours or the forum’s.

Hmmn, I'm a deeply unconvincing flouncer..
Though at least they're some entertainment for the "Missing you already" meme posters. :okay:

I'll always find my way back..

With
"Oh yeah - and another thing"

Or elsewise I forget whatever it was I was so p*ssed off about, and end up being sucked back into further pannier chat...

And keeping the chaps abreast of progressive rural politics :angel:

I did think of cooking up some proposed tour of the DRC, which then, with increasingly sporadic updates, would give me chance to enigmatically dissappear into the undergrowth - for ever -

-Tbh - I think its the only dignified option left open to me now. :blush:

Also, you can fall on your sword: this is the honourable way to go for grammatical infractions and typos.

Tell me about it, I had a week of self imposed purdah, based merely on an inappropriately placed semi colon.:whistle:

Sadly, I fear no one else noticed - neither the infraction, nor the absence :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Joking apart, bots and spammers are always trying to get on the site. Posting a question is a favourite way to try and look legitimate before slipping in their dodgy links or whatever, but your mod team has ways of picking them out.;) :evil:

At the moment there do seem to be a lot of genuine new or returning cyclists joining so be nice to them.:okay:

Maybe we should be having a clap, or cheer for those unsung key(board) workers..

Let's hear it for the mods, heroically yet quietly defending us against bots, spammers, and trolls since forever.
:notworthy:

D

Deleted member 1258

Why did you correct "rich sauce" and "there" @dave r -

-in the context they was betterer :blush:

In fact I supposed intentional :whistle:

My grammar and spelling are crap, when I left school at 15, a very long time ago, I could barely write, I've improved a lot since then but don't always get it right, which is annoying.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My grammar and spelling are crap, when I left school at 15, a very long time ago, I could barely write, I've improved a lot since then but don't always get it right, which is annoying.

Annoying, but also funny sometimes.

And it's always a bit of a hoot, winding up the grammar pedants :okay:

Top Bottom