Is it ok to have a cycling buddy from the opposite sex?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I sat in bed and watched Hollyoak's with a female friend several times, are you wrong yet?

if you were happy to watch hollyoaks I'd suggest she was perfectly safe from any unwanted attention from you

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Your wife has trust issues, there could be many reasons for this.. Rational or irrational we'll never know. If you love her like you should do you'll be emotionally sensitive enough to work them through.

Lee_M

Guru
Your wife has trust issues, there could be many reasons for this.. Rational or irrational we'll never know. If you love her like you should do you'll be emotionally sensitive enough to work them through.

come on Matt, dont spoil this thread with useful advice !

as i said earlier you have to ask whether the freedom is worth the upset it will cause

lulubel

Über Member
so in fact you didnt have a platonic friendship with a male, you had a platonc friendship with someone who didnt yet know who or what they were?

Not really. I think I just managed to find "a person" who wanted a relationship with me, but was prepared to accept that wasn't going to happen, so contented him/herself with a platonic friendship.

I also managed to stay friends with most of my exes (I accumulated quite a few while I was going through my "must be normal, must be straight" phase) until they met someone else who didn't like us being friends.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's just a matter of negotiation between the parties involved. For the record, I sometimes ( though not recently ) go out at night with a complete bunch of weirdos and hang about briefly to wee on Clapham Common on Friday nights. My wife is not happy.
I sometimes venture further to a city with a large Gay population. It's a worry!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It's just a matter of negotiation between the parties involved. For the record, I sometimes ( though not recently ) go out at night with a complete bunch of weirdos and hang about briefly to wee on Clapham Common on Friday nights. My wife is not happy.
I would point out we're not a complete bunch of weirdos. Not every weirdo is able to attend.

avalon

Guru
It's great to have friends of the opposite sex, I have had many. But it can also be dangerous, I ended up married to one of mine. Anyone who is slightly insecure could have reasonable cause for concern, especially if you have more in common with the friend than you do with your partner.

Top Bottom