Is it ok to machine wash clothes,tea towels etc with Fairy liquid?

Is it ok to do clothes,tea towel etc washing using Fairy liquid?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Do any of you know if washing powder is good at cleaning shower drains. By shower drain i mean the one in this flat,which isn't a plug hole,it's more of a grate. I was having a shower yesterday when i thought i'd see what was under.the plastic cover on the floor. I pressed a catch and lifted the object to find this disgusting slimey mess.:ohmy: I put the cover back asap! It must be a build up of body fat and other such yuk from the previous resident in herexx(. Anyway,i 'm sure i heard once that biological washing powder if left to soak, evaporates such stuff.

Jesus wept man. Just go and by some pipe cleaning fluid.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Jesus wept man. Just go and by some pipe cleaning fluid.
Why should i when bio powder might work? You do realise that pipe cleaning fluid is bad for the environment,don't you?:unsure:

Do any of you know if washing powder is good at cleaning shower drains. By shower drain i mean the one in this flat,which isn't a plug hole,it's more of a grate. I was having a shower yesterday when i thought i'd see what was under.the plastic cover on the floor. I pressed a catch and lifted the object to find this disgusting slimey mess.:ohmy: I put the cover back asap! It must be a build up of body fat and other such yuk from the previous resident in herexx(. Anyway,i 'm sure i heard once that biological washing powder if left to soak, evaporates such stuff.

My god - how do you dream this stuff up?!?

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm going to try a small amount. I have a white t-shirt that has chocolate down the front due to me falling sleep while eating a chocolate bar. If it can shift that then i'll know it works.
Google can often provide a solution to this sort of problem, anything is better than putting Fairy Liquid into a washing machine as other have already advised.
Try typing.... removing chocolate stains from fabric .... into Google.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It completely gums up the works. Trust me I know!

Must take a while. I've been doing it for 30+ years, albeit not with the same car all that time

snorri

Legendary Member
. I pressed a catch and lifted the object to find this disgusting slimey mess.:ohmy: I put the cover back asap! It must be a build up of body fat and other such yuk from the previous resident in herexx(. .
Yeah, having a shower is certainly more fun than reducing food intake and taking more exercise if you want to lose a bit of body fat. I don't know why you never hear these slimming experts advise taking a long shower.:whistle:.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm going to try a small amount. I have a white t-shirt that has chocolate down the front due to me falling sleep while eating a chocolate bar. If it can shift that then i'll know it works.
Accy I'm far too late to this thread, and someone else might have suggested it (I'm not reading all that!) but the best way to get chocolate out of a garment is by chewing it. Just the stain, obviously, not the whole garment. ....And make sure it IS chocolate before you start....

This is actually serious advice.

Top Bottom