Is it ok to machine wash clothes,tea towels etc with Fairy liquid?

Is it ok to do clothes,tea towel etc washing using Fairy liquid?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
amnesia-espuma-foam-party-calendar-2016.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
Simple guide to household chores for Accy -

Washing dishes - use this
0814f4b19b2332823fc96c07f17435aa--water-fight-s.jpg

Washing clothes - use this
Persil_Laundry_Powder_Non_Bio_Family_Pack_45W_3.185kg_3Q_8712561312318_1024x1024.jpg

Cleaning drains - use this
273754_R_Z001?$TMB$&wid=420&hei=420.jpg

Cleaning car windscreen - use this
SA8-screenwash-250x250.jpg

Cleaning car - use this
Concentrate-1.6.0.png

Washing floor - use this
61%2ByeXurH3L._SY550_.jpg

Cleaning teeth - use this
hqdefault.jpg

Cleaning self - use this
bar-soap.jpg

AND DON'T MIX THEM UP:okay:

Sandra6

Veteran
Funnily enough we ran out of washing capsules the other day and daughter was in need of clean work clothes so I told her to put the washing up liquid in. I've done it before, and it works quite well. I've never had a problem with suds, but then I don't put half a bottle in.
I hand wash clothes with washing up liquid to remove stubborn stains before washing them too.

classic33

Leg End Member
For anything that has a water repelling function, which precludes the use of any detergents, grating a bit of household soap works fine.
Dreft.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
With all due respect to TMN, and while sharing her views on grated cheese, I will beg to speak in favour of buying grated mozzarella.
I've tried grating it myself, and it's like trying to grate blu-tak. Only rather trickier.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is the truth folks. There i was,in the home's laundry,listening to my washing going round and round in the tumble dryer when i started to hear a slight clanging sound. I ignored it for a while then decided to see what was causing it. On investigation i found my mobile phone was making the sound. I've washed my mobile phone I must've left it in one of my pockets. I put it on charge and it did light up and show a charging battery sign,but now it's not showing that sign. I've put the phone on the radiator to dry it out. Will it work again or have i ruined it?

Top Bottom