Is it okay to wheel my bike around Aldi?...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazz

...or any supermarket for that matter.

Don't always have a bike lock with me when I need to pop in.

Obviously I'd wipe down the wheels if they're wet/dirty before entering. I'm not an animal.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ask them?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How about waiting at the out door for someone to come out and then nip in with the bike? Take it to the far end of the checkouts and lean it against the packing ledge there, and ask the nearest Aldi checkout staff to keep an eye on it, then go back out and enter as normal? It would take a very brazen thief to nick the bike from within the store while staff were watching!

johnnyb47

Guru
I don't know what Aldi's policy is to be honest nowadays.About five years back I asked if I could just leave my bike inside the large entrance of our local Aldi as I didn't have my lock .I got a resounding no from the staff ,and whilst on the subject, by coincidence today I was shopping in Aldi and whilst waiting in the que to pay I felt something lick my hand.I turned round to see a small Jack Russell dog looking at me perched in a customers shopping trolley.She was lovely little thing and I made a big fuss of her, but it's not really very hygienic having a dog in a trolley where you put your groceries.The cashier didn't bat an eye lid.
Sorry for going off topic

ExBrit

Über Member
It's up to Aldi. As many people in the USA found out the hard way during the pandemic, a supermarket can refuse entry to anyone except for reasons of gender, race, etc. Pushing a bicycle around is not protected under the constitution any more than refusing to wear a mask is. I'm sure the law is fairly similar in the UK. I have pushed my bike around in a store and if there's a problem (rarely) I courteously hand any items I have selected to the person asking me to leave and quietly never come back.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

I don't know what Aldi's policy is to be honest nowadays.About five years back I asked if I could just leave my bike inside the large entrance of our local Aldi as I didn't have my lock .I got a resounding no from the staff...

Same here, although in my case Sainsbury's. Not sure what the problem is to be honest but if it's their policy , there's nowt I can do about it.

johnnyb47

Guru
I bet those tyres slide abit round the corners after the floor scrubbers been out @Ming the Merciless ,,😁

richardfm

Veteran
How about waiting at the out door for someone to come out and then nip in with the bike? Take it to the far end of the checkouts and lean it against the packing ledge there, and ask the nearest Aldi checkout staff to keep an eye on it, then go back out and enter as normal? It would take a very brazen thief to nick the bike from within the store while staff were watching!

It's unlikely that the staff would agree to watch it. They wouldn't want any responsibility for and might not be on that till for long.

Top Bottom