Is it okay to wheel my bike around Aldi?...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've sent feedback to Lidl a couple of times asking for a sign to be put up, without response.
It's doubtful whether it would stop the lazy entitled feckers from leaving trolleys there anyway.
When there's 5 or fewer trolleys, I've rolled them back to the proper place, and I'm now £2 and 2 tokens to the good(!), but often the first trolley has had the coin removed with a screwdriver(?) or similar. I wouldn't be surprised if the bay advertises some device with the specific purpose of extracting coins from trolleys, to enable the ignorant gits to dump their trolley wherever they feel like it. Just wish they'd dump it in a car space rather than the only cycle park on site!

Edit: sure'nuff, lots available, e.g.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195838647823?hash=item2d98e49e0f:g:6rQAAOSw~QJklZQM&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4NDU0yr5Uw/GAEcKsoHsGThmKKivgIWVaAwdG2/dwPZk+dvQbXaNyXZEFnMtab2drvjxDUEH1mDskm/A30Bx/jGnp992bkNDXJbO/DvhrA61Ybf30EBT4Bs327goSLLkGeB8sdybiRX/bqy+77vyBEeU0Jj83kxqoJKeit0Wn375XOT71QM8i7UAXWfMLkdETnJO7PQ52dEAKipFRU3An9dfELtotMOUJZDDUelwk5BMBgQrKMmzAWCt+UOeinsJ4wvFou3xa6WCITb05GtougaGDQFNC3nb0qve0Xd9m4vf|tkp:BFBMioz-xrFi

I think it starts with the trolley a customer has asked a staff member to release because they don't have a coin/token... nothing invested so it gets left in the carpark, then the 'sheep' all start parking their trolleys there.

Then there's the occasional long row of trollies they've parked right in front of the fire escape. I keep wanting to take a photo of blocked fire escape to put on the local FB group under the title 'idiots shop here'.

My main bugbear is the able bodied who can't be arsed to put their trolley back where it belongs, and instead park it in front of the wheelchair trollies saving them from walking about 10 extra yards, rendering those trollies inaccessible to wheelchair users.

The things with trollies that annoys me is when people keep putting their trolley at teh end of the line when the line is already snaking several yards into the car lanes
this then forces people walking past out in front of the cars and forces the cars to stop and move over and stuff
in Tesco all they would need to do is walk 20 yards to the next trolley park

at times I have moved a load of un docked trollies across a few lanes and parked them properly just to clear the way for others - people looked at me like I was mad
to some extent I was

Windle

Über Member
The things with trollies that annoys me is when people keep putting their trolley at teh end of the line when the line is already snaking several yards into the car lanes
this then forces people walking past out in front of the cars and forces the cars to stop and move over and stuff
in Tesco all they would need to do is walk 20 yards to the next trolley park

at times I have moved a load of un docked trollies across a few lanes and parked them properly just to clear the way for others - people looked at me like I was mad
to some extent I was

It's not just me who does that then! I also rearrange baskets that lazy folk have dumped. And as for those wheel around ones that Lidl have :cursing:. Not only are they a mobile trip hazard but as soon as their 'drivers' have gone through the checkout to the packing shelf they end up left exactly where they've unloaded them! At least push them under the bloody shelf for gods sake! But human nature seems to have laziness inbuilt whatever the situation.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
to some extent I was

It's not just me who does that then! I also rearrange baskets that lazy folk have dumped. And as for those wheel around ones that Lidl have :cursing:. Not only are they a mobile trip hazard but as soon as their 'drivers' have gone through the checkout to the packing shelf they end up left exactly where they've unloaded them! At least push them under the bloody shelf for gods sake! But human nature seems to have laziness inbuilt whatever the situation.

Me too.

And I point out spillages and breakages to staff that someone else has clearly just walked away from.

Me too.

And I point out spillages and breakages to staff that someone else has clearly just walked away from.

SOme people just consider everything someone else's problem

I can understand it if they have 3 kids that are clearly tired/hungry/ill
but a lot of people are just selfish and lazy

When I was a teacher it really annoyed me when another teacher would take that attitude - I mean, teachers are SUPPOSED to set a good example!!!
still - better stop now before this turns into a rant(again!)

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I locked my bike outside Lidl the other day at 9AM, and was told by a concerned shop worker there that I needed to bring it into the store in future and leave it behind the checkouts for the staff to keep an eye on. This was in an area where people do not hang washing out because it gets pinched off the line.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

I locked my bike outside Lidl the other day at 9AM, and was told by a concerned shop worker there that I needed to bring it into the store in future and leave it behind the checkouts for the staff to keep an eye on. This was in an area where people do not hang washing out because it gets pinched off the line.

Who hangs their washing in Lidl? Or any supermarket for that matter? 😜

Top Bottom