Is it possible to keep feet dry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have some SealSkinz socks. Rain just runs down inside my bib longs and enters the top of them via those stupid holes that @Citius mentioned. It doesn't drain out. You just end up with white, crinkly poached feet. It's horrible.....and you squelch when you walk.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have some SealSkinz socks. Rain just runs down inside my bib longs and enters the top of them via those stupid holes that @Citius mentioned. It doesn't drain out. You just end up with white, crinkly poached feet. It's horrible.....and you squelch when you walk.

Duct-tape.jpg

Katherine

Guru
I only wear my waterproof socks in the winter when the rain runs down the outside of my trousers and therefore down the outside of the overshoes.

If I was riding for a long time in the summer rain, I would consider waterproof trousers, so that the rain runs down the outside and shoes without vents.

Citius

It's easier in the winter when you get a good seal with the overshoes and winter trousers. I expect it's harder with bare legs.

Not really. Capillary effect makes sure that the water still runs down your trousers and into your shoes/socks/overshoes.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Yes. I managed it on my recent LEJOG tour during the wettest May in yonks. Wore Northwave Celsuis Goretex boots and Berghaus Paclite jacket and overtrousers. Left loose (ie with no clips or owt) the overtrousers covered the top of the boot and, sorry to contradict anyone, I didn't get wet feet. Actually I did, for the first few days, then I bought the above mentioned boots from Evans Cycles in Bristol and posted my shoes and neoprene overboots home, cos they didn't work. Rest of trip, loadsa rain, dry feet.

CUBE CRD

I was thinking of getting neoprene calf supports and overlap them over the overshoes for this winter .

calf_support.jpg

I've been considering something like this as well.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Get your self fit, fat calves. I don't seem to have the squelchy, wet feet problem.
They seem to work for some and not others.

mustang1

Guru
Buy turbo trainer.
Put into back of van.
Get someone to drive the van to your work while you pdeal the turbo trainer.

If that solution is not practical for you, then no, there is no other way to keep your feet dry.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Never had wet feet in my northwave boots, but then as @ianrauk mentions get fit, get big calves and its not an issue

Top Bottom