Is it to late?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarryG

Is it to late to start working on a new project???

Wide awake, wife's on nights, bmx assembled for Christmas, now wide awake with the tools out ready to attempt to start converting this into a path racer replica.

$_1.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
Its not that late.

Looks like damage to the forks in the picture, just below the steerer tube.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Never too late!!
Although beware - it's all to easy to start in a spirit of alcohol / adrenalin fueled bravado and end up committing some schoolboy error or other...

EDIT Since I can't seem to linky it properly, here it is, as posted about 2 1/2 years ago :-
After a glass or three of wine, I started building up a singlespeeder.
I fitted the chainset, then the wheel (just loosely in the dropouts) then the chain, adjusting it to length. I then tried to tighten up the quick release, as which point I noticed the unused rear mech hanger, on the opposite side of the bike. I'd assembled the entire transmission on the wrong side.
Had it been a fixie I'd have left it that way...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Never too late!!
Although beware - it's all to easy to start in a spirit of alcohol / adrenalin fueled bravado and end up committing some schoolboy error or other...

EDIT Since I can't seem to linky it properly, here it is, as posted about 2 1/2 years ago :-
After a glass or three of wine, I started building up a singlespeeder.
I fitted the chainset, then the wheel (just loosely in the dropouts) then the chain, adjusting it to length. I then tried to tighten up the quick release, as which point I noticed the unused rear mech hanger, on the opposite side of the bike. I'd assembled the entire transmission on the wrong side.
Had it been a fixie I'd have left it that way...
:rofl::bravo:

OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Rear mudguard removed, seat raised, chrome coming up nicely on the rear wheel, just about to take levers of the handle bars and swap them for a better pair inverting them at the same time.

I'll take a closer look at the forks in a bit, hadn't noticed.

OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Just off to bed now, looks a bit different to when I started, both mudguards removed, seat changed (this seat is far to big, Would really like a brooks, but might settle for a dawes grand tourer until I can afford one), replacement bars fitted, replacement grips fitted.

Already had the parts I have put on from a while back, so at the moment it has only cost me the price of the bike (£17).

Going to replace the tyres and tubes with cream schwalbe delta cruisers.

Right best tidy up and get to bed.

1419129048709.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just off to bed now, looks a bit different to when I started, both mudguards removed, seat changed (this seat is far to big, Would really like a brooks, but might settle for a dawes grand tourer until I can afford one), replacement bars fitted, replacement grips fitted.

Already had the parts I have put on from a while back, so at the moment it has only cost me the price of the bike (£17).

Going to replace the tyres and tubes with cream schwalbe delta cruisers.

Right best tidy up and get to bed.

View attachment 74829

Slacker - the night is still young! :smile:

Top Bottom