Is it too soon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
...after the winter to get the expensive road bike out?

Should I wait for a good downpour to wash away all the salt?

I suppose they could grit the roads any time up until Easter...

:cold:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Have they salted the local roads recently? I'm a bit further west than you, but it hasn't frozen here for a while. Roads may not have salt on them. MTFU and get on yer bike!
(wishing I could WTFU and do the same!)

vickster

Legendary Member
The roads are seriously gritty and gravelly, a downpour might not help. I'd be more worried about going a sliding on loose road crap than salt on the bike

simon.r

Person
I took mine out for the first time last weekend. Roads here were virtually dry and I reckon there's been enough rain recently to clean them of salt.

Nebulous

Guru
My best bike had an outing over the weekend. In spite of the weather forecast, which was to stay dry, it rained. Me and bike both got soaked and splattered.

The worst thing was going back to work bike today. I keep telling myself I like it. It's heavier, but goes okay if you wind it up gently. The gear changes were terrible. Claris feels positively agricultural. The mechanical front disc was squeaking as well. I'm sure it didn't do that last week.

I'm off to hide my credit cards!

My best bike had an outing over the weekend. In spite of the weather forecast, which was to stay dry, it rained. Me and bike both got soaked and splattered.

The worst thing was going back to work bike today. I keep telling myself I like it. It's heavier, but goes okay if you wind it up gently. The gear changes were terrible. Claris feels positively agricultural. The mechanical front disc was squeaking as well. I'm sure it didn't do that last week.

I'm off to hide my credit cards!
Never tried Claris, but YGWYPF seems to prevail up to a point. Get yaself Tiagra next time, cracking VFM

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
20th February and you think that winter is over ... :whistle:

April 10th last year:
Snowy Cock Hill on April 10th.jpg

23rd March, 2013:
car_park_in_snow.jpg

river_and_snow.jpg

:laugh:

GuyBoden

Guru
There's still too much mud and rain on the roads for my bike without mudguards, I don't like getting wet and muddy, so I'm still on my bike with mudguards, and probably will be until at least the end of March maybe April.

Last edited:
Top Bottom