Is it too soon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Triple3

They aint made of sugar, nor are cars, vans or motorcycles. Amazes me how everyone fears poor weather will disintegrate vehicles on site. Standing up to a british winter should be a sign of a good bike. Ride, wash,repeat

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
They aint made of sugar, nor are cars, vans or motorcycles. Amazes me how everyone fears poor weather will disintegrate vehicles on site. Standing up to a british winter should be a sign of a good bike. Ride, wash,repeat
Someone will be along in the minute to tell us how the pros have their bike X-Rayed and they've ridden through a puddle.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My old Scott road bike was my pride and joy when i bought it in 1999. I'd take it out in all weathers. It was aluminium and had a Sora groupset. A nice bike for me,but some would say alloy and Sora are crap. Maybe they are but they/it didn't need pampering and they/it lasted 20 odd thousand miles and 16 years. The bike had to be binned when the frame developed a crack after a crash. The Sora groupset was still running smoothly after all those years of salt and other road crap. As for mudguards,not having them when i was younger didn't bother me. Now i prefer them and keep them on all year round as i've had enough wet backsides and feet(some summers are wetter than some winters)over the years. It's time now for comfort and not to bother about the aesthetics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom