Is it wrong that I want this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's like a pink shirt. Wear it (or ride the bike) with an air of confidence and insouciance and you will get admiration and 'ooh' and 'aah'. Go out thinking 'it's pink, it's pink, what will people say?' and you will get flack, and the mickey taken. :thumbsup:
Ride it hard, ride it fast and beat all the mickey takers.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can't be serious. A pink bike? I wouldn't have a pink bike and I'm female. No no no. All wrong that, colour.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The pink one is hideous. Hideous. T'other looks nice, but I'm surprised by the weight - 10.8Kg. I just sold an old Dawes 653-framed fixie which, even with pretty mediocre wheels, weighed in at 8.4Kg. Ok, so as a fixie it was missing a few bits that this one has - gears, cassette - but it was a bigger frame - 60 v 56 - and still more than 2Kg lighter than this, made with the supposedly sooper-dooper 931 tubing. Looks nice I'll grant you, but like I say, not impressively light, it seems to me. And lest we forget, the pink one is ghastly. How anyone could desire that is quite beyond me. No offence.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The pink one is hideous. Hideous. T'other looks nice, but I'm surprised by the weight - 10.8Kg. I just sold an old Dawes 653-framed fixie which, even with pretty mediocre wheels, weighed in at 8.4Kg. Ok, so as a fixie it was missing a few bits that this one has - gears, cassette - but it was a bigger frame - 60 v 56 - and still more than 2Kg lighter than this, made with the supposedly sooper-dooper 931 tubing. Looks nice I'll grant you, but like I say, not impressively light, it seems to me. And lest we forget, the pink one is ghastly. How anyone could desire that is quite beyond me. No offence.
Does a TT bike need to be particularly light? Surely they're designed to go very fast, in a straight line, on the flat? I'd have thought weight was less of a consideration than for something you're constantly lugging up hills, or accelerating out of corners.

ETA: Have just reread your post and realised you're talking about the other bike. Ignore me.

Last edited:

Nice!, I certainly can't justify a TT bike, as I've never 'tested'
However, before buying my Ridley, I very seriously considered one of the Planet X carbon-fibre road-bikes in that pink, still wouldn't mind one.
I've got to admit, that the Ribble HF83 (or equivilant) will probably come under scrutiny too, when Ridley replacement tiem comes)

Someone (no idea whom) commutes to work on a base model 'CdeF' & it looks very nice indeed

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I want the pink one - it matches my cycling top :girl:

Tim Hall

I have a Mercian in Flamboyant Magenta. Those less cultured amongst my friends refer to it as my pink bike. I try to educate them, but it's hard work.

A year or so ago I had to collect my late Father in Law's bike from the police station (he'd collapsed and died while out on it). The desk officer wheeled it out. By heck. Pink. Really, really pink. Like this:
IMGP0255.JPG

Top Bottom