is the MTB future 29" or 27.5"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSOh

Über Member
Well I call this cheating by your own admission you need a "little help". Don't try to justify you riding an Ebike by saying how fit you think you are going to the gym 5 days a week. You are clearly not that fit, nor have self discipline nor motivation to improve your cycling fitness, instead you say you would prefer to give in to temptation and ride an Ebike instead presumably as you find the prospect of not having to expend so much effort or energy very attractive. But you are not a cyclist in the traditional purist sense but quite literally a motor cyclist.

I am nothing but a lazy cheat and I dutifully promise that in the future I will refer to myself a motor cyclist (if I ever actually buy one) :laugh:

As for the thread I would have to say 27.5 as I'm tiny so I'd prob have ridiculous toe overlap and look like a clown on a 29er.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Who said anything about racing? I guess you are an e-bike owner and user. Ebikes are for the slothful for the lazy or if used in racing against other non motorised bikes is cheating. But even then it is still cheating whether racing or not. At least I know my pedalling is All My Own Effort. If I want to ride a bike with a motor I ride my motorbike. The fact that Ebike owners and users consider themselves cyclists is laughable. They are in denial if they think they are. The fact that they have now infiltrated forums such as this and pass themselves off as cyclists in the true sense is their deception. I mean how come they are banging their drum trying to justify their sloth on a thread about the size of MTB wheels? Any opportunity. They must all feel guilty.
Another planktun idiot with no clue on what your talking about........

I am mighty cause i can pedal my bike and i bet its a lightweight carbon one with plenty of gears to make the hills easier........gears are cheating too.

Get yourself a fixed single speed and be a real hero

Who said anything about racing? I guess you are an e-bike owner and user. Ebikes are for the slothful for the lazy or if used in racing against other non motorised bikes is cheating. But even then it is still cheating whether racing or not. At least I know my pedalling is All My Own Effort. If I want to ride a bike with a motor I ride my motorbike. The fact that Ebike owners and users consider themselves cyclists is laughable. They are in denial if they think they are. The fact that they have now infiltrated forums such as this and pass themselves off as cyclists in the true sense is their deception. I mean how come they are banging their drum trying to justify their sloth on a thread about the size of MTB wheels? Any opportunity. They must all feel guilty.

Don’t talk rubbish. Electric bikes have helped keep s lot of old and injured people out cycling.

I tried one the other day, I wouldn’t say I’m unfit either since I play several sports at a reasonable level.

However the e bike is an ideal commuter, decent pace to work without arriving sweaty.

Stop being so judgemental, you’ll be complaining about single occupancy cars soon and how people should be cycling, then do everything you can to put them off. Far too many people like this.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
As said upthread: I ride small frames. To my eye, 29s don’t look as good as 27.5s. I also prefer the lower stand over height on MTBs. And with all the data, research and feedback on handling, ride etc, the gains are negligible between the 2 sizes. In my case I just happened to get a great deal on a 27.5. And to be honest if a better deal had come up with 29s I would have gone with that.

Kajjal

Guru
As said upthread: I ride small frames. To my eye, 29s don’t look as good as 27.5s. I also prefer the lower stand over height on MTBs. And with all the data, research and feedback on handling, ride etc, the gains are negligible between the 2 sizes. In my case I just happened to get a great deal on a 27.5. And to be honest if a better deal had come up with 29s I would have gone with that.

The main thing is the bike fits you well and makes you want to get out and ride. I much prefer 29s as they suit my riding style and riding mainly on natural trails. I also have a mid 1990’s xc hardtail with 3 x 8 gearing which I have now ridden happily enough for over two decades. It is now in semi retirement abroad in my relatives garage as they live near a forest leading into mountains I ride in when visiting.

ChrisEyles

Guru
And with all the data, research and feedback on handling, ride etc, the gains are negligible between the 2 sizes.

That's quite interesting. I can well believe the gains in terms of race times are marginal between the two, but my perception of the 29ers I've ridden have been that they handle noticeably differently to my usual 26ers, certainly differently enough to justify a strong preference for one or the other depending on the rider and trails being ridden.

Kajjal

Guru
That's quite interesting. I can well believe the gains in terms of race times are marginal between the two, but my perception of the 29ers I've ridden have been that they handle noticeably differently to my usual 26ers, certainly differently enough to justify a strong preference for one or the other depending on the rider and trails being ridden.

As in my post above my 26” mid 1990’s hardtail is a very different bike to my recent 29” xc hardtail. While is it more manoeuvrable it gets knocked around more and has less grip on steep loose climbs. But also the geometry, components and construction is different which also makes a difference.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog

Sure, I agree. To clarify: My 10 cent opinion and sizes in my post were about 27.5 and 29s as per the thread.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm trying to get my wife to look at an ebike, I may just accidently swing round that way & stumble across this

Top Bottom