is the MTB future 29" or 27.5"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ebikes are cheat bikes in my book, whatever their wheel size. I just don't see the point of them, and I'm sure plenty WILL actually end up being dumped in skips in future when the batteries and motors fail and they are uneconomic to repair. OK, some of my machines may have been, err, "recycled" and may not have been top of the range to begin with, but they are 100% human-powered.

I've been at the point where I was told I may never cycle again. So from that perspective I think they're a great idea :okay:
On the skipping side of things I'd be interested to hear from people who have had them fail and what their longevity is.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've been at the point where I was told I may never cycle again. So from that perspective I think they're a great idea :okay:
On the skipping side of things I'd be interested to hear from people who have had them fail and what their longevity is.
On the pedelecs forum, there are some guys with 6/7 years ownership and 20k+ miles on them and still going strong

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Ebikes are cheat bikes in my book, whatever their wheel size. I just don't see the point of them, and I'm sure plenty WILL actually end up being dumped in skips in future when the batteries and motors fail and they are uneconomic to repair. OK, some of my machines may have been, err, "recycled" and may not have been top of the range to begin with, but they are 100% human-powered.

You think spending money is cheating so that comes as no surprise ;)

But seriously it's only cheating during competition the rest of the time it's the rider's business and not ours.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You think spending money is cheating so that comes as no surprise ;)

Its cheating because it involves electrical assistance and the motion is not wholly the result of the rider's own efforts.
True to say I also regard e-bikes as a complete waste of money, after all why spend two or three times the price of a normal bike just for the privilege of having the ugliest bike on the street, with a bloody great unsightly lump fixed to the downtube?

Last edited:

Kajjal

Guru
Its cheating because it involves electrical assistance and the motion is not wholly the result of the rider's own efforts.
True to say I also regard e-bikes as a complete waste of money, after all why spend two or three times the price of a normal bike just for the privilege of having the ugliest bike on the street, with a bloody great unsightly lump fixed to the downtube?

You could ask my neighbour in his late 70’s who has an ebike which he takes off road on a regular basis. He got one due to finding the hills too much now.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Now read that aloud and realise what you sound like

jowwy

but cheating at what? you still havent answered the question?

also my ebike cost 3 times less than my custom Ti roadbike, you really need to do more investigation before making such stupid posts, about something you obviously know diddly squat about

what lump on the downtube??

J357TTCC-ZJ-SIDE-GAIN_D40_-gris-1530621273.jpg

but cheating at what? you still havent answered the question?

also my ebike cost 3 times less than my custom Ti roadbike, you really need to do more investigation before making such stupid posts, about something you obviously know diddly squat about

what lump on the downtube??

View attachment 422345
skipdiver did say why he personally considered it "cheating".

politely.

I myself have certain ideas about electric bikes. Personal ideas. Will save for another thread.

jowwy

skipdiver did say why he personally considered it "cheating".

politely.

I myself have certain ideas about electric bikes. Personal ideas. Will save for another thread.
Did he......i see nothing but an idiologist quote, that somehow states that people are cheating at pedalling

But yet again you only seem to pick up on my posts........so i'll politely ask you to block me if you dont like my ' straight to the point' replies

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
E bikes have their place for the unfortunate folk who because they are no longer able to do the 'full monty' so to speak because of age, disability, or previous injury limiting their abilities. But for those who are simply too lazy to pedal and buy an e bike, there is no reason to have one.
Does this sound a fair judgement - ?

Did he......i see nothing but an idiologist quote, that somehow states that people are cheating at pedalling

But yet again you only seem to pick up on my posts........so i'll politely ask you to block me if you dont like my ' straight to the point' replies
I now and again have countered posts from a variety of folk on here. Natural and good on a forum/in any sort of discussion. Always politely I hope. Your view that you are somehow being picked on maybe indicates that you yourself are some sort of snowflake. Ironic in view of some of your posts. For the record I have never blocked anyone (or reported anyone or any post for that matter) and do not intend to start now. I prefer to see folk as they are.

Top Bottom