Is their a bike part that could fit most bikes..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Chain?
Headset?

I don't quite follow...

simonali

Guru
I can't believe that all these years hanging around on forums hasn't taught you the difference between there, their and they're yet?!

stevenb

Handlebars, stem, headset, pedals, bottle cages, saddles, seat posts, chainsets, front and rear mechs, shift/brake levers. Could all be swapped from MTB to road bike and vice versa....might need a couple of minor changes to make the chainset and mechs work properly but other than that some bikes will share these parts for sure.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Bell

bonj2

stevenb said:
Handlebars, stem, headset, pedals, bottle cages, saddles, seat posts, chainsets, front and rear mechs, shift/brake levers. Could all be swapped from MTB to road bike and vice versa....might need a couple of minor changes to make the chainset and mechs work properly but other than that some bikes will share these parts for sure.

in fact the only things that CAN'T really be swapped are frame, forks, wheels, tyres, tubes, shifters. And no before you pipe up to add 'cassette' to that list many people have road cassettes on their MTB, my mate for one has got an 8-speed 12-25 on his mtb.

02GF74

Über Member
The only item I can think of right now that is same fittiing for the vast majority of common road and moutain bikes is the saddle (twin rail fitting). And possibly pedals. And handle bar tape.

Other parts such as headset, bottom bracket, seat posts, handle bars come in different sizes so cannot be swapped over.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
in fact the only things that CAN'T really be swapped are frame, forks, wheels, tyres, tubes, shifters. And no before you pipe up to add 'cassette' to that list many people have road cassettes on their MTB, my mate for one has got an 8-speed 12-25 on his mtb.

i don't think there's such a thing as an 8-speed mtb cassette, not an 8-speed road cassette. it's just that roadies don't often opt for a 28, but they're good on mtbs. if it's a shimano (compatible) hub, you can use any.

Top Bottom