Is there a bike to support my weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have had seats slipping back on the rails and resorted to wrapping the rails in electrical tape , it all depends on rail width to clamp size but a new bike shouldnt so it so take it back.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unsurprising, so does mine a bit but I cycled 100 miles yesterday

Are you wearing padded (under) shorts?

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Unsurprising, so does mine a bit but I cycled 100 miles yesterday

Are you wearing padded (under) shorts?

Wow!! I did 6 and thought that was good lol

No can't afford any this month now. Deffo get some when i can. I weighed myself and im 141kg so hopefully when some of that drops it will be easier. Also goin to take bike back tomorrow and get that saddle looked at.

Its cos I'm fat isn't it.
Gravity acts only vertically. If your weight was the problem, the seat might slip down, or the rails in the saddle might break (I've done this, and I don't weight 140kg).

As the seat is moving backwards, either something is wrong with the bike or you have thighs stronger than Chris Hoy, and you are pushing too hard on the pedals. Occam's razor suggests there is a fault with the bike.

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Right - i took it back he's put a seat thing with two bolts not jus one. I said i was worried it was my weight and he said "well i didn't want to say it was, but it could of been" i was like wow..

My ass is too sore to try it today properly so ill try it tomo or a few days.. Feel abit nervous to try it tbh incase it happens again and its just my fat ass.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Your weight is nothing to do with the seat moving problem.
Your leg muscles can push much more than your weight .
Hopefully the new clamp will fix it if not don't be fobbed off by Halfords.(In fairness they don't usually quibble about returns and problem sorting)
Good Luck with the cycling .:okay:

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Thank you. They've been amazing with me and my partner we ended up 35% off my partners Kona and 25% off of mine. If it does it again surely it must be me? As new seat thing on there now

BenScoobert

I've not read the full thread so excuse me if its been said.

I was 115kg and was fine on a genesis croix de fer. But might be out of your budget.

A recent review i read on a b'twin triban 500 flat bar at £260
The reviews were astounded at the quality for the money.

Top Bottom