Is there a bike to support my weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
I was riding down, then on flat lol. But soon as i sat on the bike seat and peddled the seat would slip back gradually then the nose would be pointing to the sky :sad:

Thank you all for being so helpful and lovely and understanding you've truly made me feel really welcome and helped loads!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Let us know if it is better with the two bolts? If so, it was likely a dodgy clamp

vickster

Legendary Member
I really don't think so, plenty of larger guys and gals ride bikes (I'm no skinny minnie myself)

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Well!! We got some shorts from sports direct!

Managed to ride today for 4miles anddd so far the seats ok! and was so much better on my bum with the shorts hehe. The seat kind of made a clunk sound twice but nothing happened?

Hopiiiing its ok! If not can you get like extra strong ones or anything?

RichardB

Slightly retro
I got back into cycling recently and it's the best thing I did. By cycling 4/5 times a week, an hour each time, and eating less but better food, I have lost 3 stone in 18 weeks. My legs are stronger, my lungs are better and I feel years younger. Can't recommend it enough. You've made the right choice.

If you're heavy, of course your @rse will be painful. The great thing is, the more weight you lose the less weight on the saddle, and as you get fitter you pedal harder, which means more weight on the pedals and less on your bum Win-win.

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Did 10.33miles on the cycle track! Phew!!! Thank god for padded shorts! And my seat was ok! :biggrin: the post slid down abit tho!

My bike when i break is kind of makin clunking noise, do i need to lube it? Or is it faulty? It wasnt doing it before.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Don't lube your brakes!!! ^_^ Sounds like something has worked loose. Stand off the bike, apply the brake, rock the bike back and forth, and see if anything is moving or making a noise. It's usually easy to spot what is making the noise, but harder to put it right. Brakes can be tricky büggers to get right. If it isn't something obvious, I'd suggest the knowledgeable mate/bike shop route. You don't take risks with brakes.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Did 10.33miles on the cycle track! Phew!!! Thank god for padded shorts! And my seat was ok! :biggrin: the post slid down abit tho!

My bike when i break is kind of makin clunking noise, do i need to lube it? Or is it faulty? It wasnt doing it before.
Good ride !
Second day in a row for me after nearly 1 and a half week break after the lurgy ,my legs are now aching .
https://www.strava.com/activities/362787479/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Don't lube your brakes!!! ^_^ Sounds like something has worked loose. Stand off the bike, apply the brake, rock the bike back and forth, and see if anything is moving or making a noise. It's usually easy to spot what is making the noise, but harder to put it right. Brakes can be tricky büggers to get right. If it isn't something obvious, I'd suggest the knowledgeable mate/bike shop route. You don't take risks with brakes.

Well i only had it few days so ill pop back to shop.. :smile:

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
Ribean

Ribean

Regular
Hey guys!!

I'm so buzzing! its amazing how much stronger you get went up a hill i could hardly get up the other day but it was easy today!! im loving cycling its best thing i ever decided to do!

Also lost 2kg! :biggrin:

Took bike back and he said that the noise my brake is making is normal and it will do it for a while? I'm going to keep a eye on it. Also, seat isn't tipping anymore but does gradually slide down/move so im going to get a double post clamp(if neone knows if it would help?)

Top Bottom