Is there a collective noun for fly-tippers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
My friend's theory is that the people that dump the rubbish are not the owners but more often a "Man with a van" offering to remove large amounts of rubbish from people with no transport for a few quid. Also seems like builders/tradesmen like to dump their rubbish around here (boxes of tiles, fridges, carpets, furniture)

Exactly this, in our area too

postman

Legendary Member
I am a member of Litter Free Leeds .Meanwood Chapter.It's brilliant walking the streets picker yellow high Viv vest and bag and hoop.Exercise and talking to people.

postman

Legendary Member
It doesn’t help when councils such as Leeds City Council will not permit access with a van or trailer, then wonder why quiet country lanes get fly tipped on
Totally barmy,it must cost more to send out a team to pick it up,just like the bed frame and mattress I had to report that I found in Stonegate Farm Close.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My parents area in mid Devon has always been bad for it. We've found half a ton of roofing slate dumped in a river. Countless fridges. But just last weekend an entire caravan was dumped in the entrance to a bridle path and set alight. Only by luck it didn't set fire to the surrounding trees and hedges.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What gets my goat is bin bags and garden rubbish. Theyve gone to all that effort loading up the car and sneaking out in the dead of night - surely it would have been easier and less stressful to drive it to the dump instead?
The problem being that the helpful guy with the lilting southern Irish accent doesn't have a car but a twenty year Transit so they're not gonna let him into the dump. Hence the illegal dumping.

DRM

Guru
My parents area in mid Devon has always been bad for it. We've found half a ton of roofing slate dumped in a river. Countless fridges. But just last weekend an entire caravan was dumped in the entrance to a bridle path and set alight. Only by luck it didn't set fire to the surrounding trees and hedges.

There’s one been dumped at the crossroads off the A59 between York & Harrogate where you would turn off the A59 to go to Tockwith industrial estate, formerly RAF Marston Moor, usually they’re stolen and robbed of all the interior parts, fridges,water heaters, battery chargers etc etc, usually by the same people who do your garden (badly) or can tarmac your drive with a wafer thin layer of tarmac for an extortionate fee

Top Bottom