Is there a more expensive sausage roll out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
I can never have enough bread in whatever form. Normally get through a whole loaf in a couple of days, plus pittas, bagels, nans, baguettes.

Tea isn't tea without a few slices of bread and butter. I'll even put pizza in a sandwich!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I can never have enough bread in whatever form. Normally get through a whole loaf in a couple of days, plus pittas, bagels, nans, baguettes.

Tea isn't tea without a few slices of bread and butter. I'll even put pizza in a sandwich!
Love my bread too. I scoffed a tiger loaf over a couple of days last week. Need to cut back though as I'm getting too heavy :sad:

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Pretentious sausage rolls at The Hawkshead Brewery cafe in Staveley [just opposite the very expensive Bike Shed] has the most expensive sausage rolls ever... £4.50 and you get a plate with just the [very small] sausage roll on it- no pickles or salad!!!

Yes, 'tis a pricey establishment.

We only live a few miles from there and you are better off going to Wilf's Cafe a short distance away. Still not cheap mind.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
As I get older I like increasingly plainer food.

A plain supermarket sausage is much nicer to me than some clever clever artisan brand at two or three times the price.

As I get older I increasingly like food with less salt in so while I agree in theory, many supermarket brands are stuffed with it to keep up the shelf life. They have too much salt for me. A cheap traditional butchers sausage is normally fine.

I now get quite shocked at the amount of salt that TV chefs shovel into their food. It's like watching someone put three teaspoons of sugar in their tea, leaving you wondering just what they have done to their taste buds for that to taste normal to them

bagpuss

Guru
Upwards of £1,200 .......goes to look for glasses

1619532568301.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As I get older I increasingly like food with less salt in so while I agree in theory, many supermarket brands are stuffed with it to keep up the shelf life. They have too much salt for me. A cheap traditional butchers sausage is normally fine.

I now get quite shocked at the amount of salt that TV chefs shovel into their food. It's like watching someone put three teaspoons of sugar in their tea, leaving you wondering just what they have done to their taste buds for that to taste normal to them

Salt is critical to seasoning.

The dish won't taste of it, but the salt will markedly enhance the flavours already there.

I agree it's use to increase shelf life is undesirable.

D

Deleted member 23692

My faves are from Kirkbride Post Office on the Solway. Yours for £1 each

P1000170_zps8d1da7a0.JPG

There are no air gaps between meat and pastry.

Top Bottom