Is there a more expensive sausage roll out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
My wife and I stopped at a ‘hipster’ type coffee shop in Vienna Airport because we were gasping (and it was the only one open at 06.00am), we ordered 2 x cappuccinos and I offered a €20 note to pay but it wasn’t enough ... it was €22 for 2 x coffees - I almost choked and my wife gave me the ‘don’t start’ look :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
My wife and I stopped at a ‘hipster’ type coffee shop in Vienna Airport because we were gasping (and it was the only one open at 06.00am), we ordered 2 x cappuccinos and I offered a €20 note to pay but it wasn’t enough ... it was €22 for 2 x coffees - I almost choked and my wife gave me the ‘don’t start’ look :blush:
Now that is expensive!

Tribansman

Veteran
As I get older I find I only really go to three shops: the opticians, the pharmacy and the local bakery. My life is just specs, drugs and sausage rolls.

Luckily my local bakery is a Gregg's at the top of a steep hill, so their sausage roll is dirt cheap...they sell them without the pastry. I push it down the hill when I get outside and make a sausage role :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
As I get older I find I only really go to three shops: the opticians, the pharmacy and the local bakery. My life is just specs, drugs and sausage rolls.

Luckily my local bakery is a Gregg's at the top of a steep hill, so their sausage roll is dirt cheap...they sell them without the pastry. I push it down the hill when I get outside and make a sausage role :whistle:
...roll ;)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have fond memories of rolling into Kelso in need of sustenance after a hilly Borders ride.

The first place we came to was Greggs.

My sausage roll was so hot I had to leave it on the table for a few minutes.

There are few things better than a Greggs sausage roll straight out of the oven.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have fond memories of rolling into Kelso in need of sustenance after a hilly Borders ride.

The first place we came to was Greggs.

My sausage roll was so hot I had to leave it on the table for a few minutes.

There are few things better than a Greggs sausage roll straight out of the oven.
But vile when tepid!

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Morrison's jam doughnuts are both delicious and a bargain. I can't remember the exact price but we last bought a pack of four for about a pound.

There's an "I saw you coming" bakery near us that charges £1.75 for one jam doughnut. I did buy one to see if it was the king of doughnuts but the Morrison's ones were nicer.

<looks around furtively for the off-topic police ... >

Morrison's jam doughnuts are both delicious and a bargain. I can't remember the exact price but we last bought a pack of four for about a pound.

There's an "I saw you coming" bakery near us that charges £1.75 for one jam doughnut. I did buy one to see if it was the king of doughnuts but the Morrison's ones were nicer.
Now that's a good example: I would happily pay £1.75 for an exceptional doughnut. If I found a 30-50p alternative of equal standard then happy days, but that wouldn't stop me paying £1.75 in my hour of need, if that was the only option 😋

Top Bottom