Is there a piano teacher in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think I will have a go at learning some chords and scales... A mate just gave me a 'Roll-a-piano' found cheap in a charity shop. Obviously it is NOT a piano but it will be incredibly easy to roll up and cart about, then unroll and use anywhere that there is a 63 cm x 13 cm flat surface! :smile:

Roll a Piano.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Accy... why not splash out on something (relatively) cheap and convenient like this to discover if you are actually interested enough to move on to a proper piano and proper lessons?

I come from a musical family where gran was a talented pianist but even better piano teacher. My aunt was a professional music teacher with piano her specialty. Every time she moves she chooses her houses by whether she can fit her baby grand in it. Many houses felt like a piano room with dining table shoved into a corner or if you lean back too far on the sofa you'll clang your head on the piano.

Cousins and uncle played in orchestras and chamber music groups as talented amateurs. My dad was supposedly the most talented of that side of the family with what's known as a perfect ear, but has forgotten all the violin, trumpet and piano lessons through lack of interest. I had no talent and had a chain smoking, talentless piano teacher. My gran assessed me and my sister. My sister she could do something with if she lived nearer but I had no coordination and was hopeless! Jeez! So those 2 years of smoggy he'll with a club fingerered, not long for this world, obnoxious piano teacher was completely pointless but my sis could give up after 6 months! Parents are sadists for sure.

Anyway, my point is learn piano because you enjoy it. If you don't or you're useless then it's pontless!

Top Bottom