Is there a place for the Quiche?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is one food item that has confused the hell out of me. I have spoken to colleagues and friends and they are not partial to it and some wont touch it. No one knows if it is breakfast, lunch or dinner serve, Neither is it a dessert. I understand the Americans are into it.

But I see it in cafes and eateries.

If you given a choice of a pie, a pizza, an egg sandwich, Samosas, a hotdog, a hamburger and a quiche What would you go for?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not something I buy very much, but I do quite enjoy it, usually with a few boiled spuds and veg. No doubt they would be even nicer if you can make your own with what you like in them rather than off the shelf.

cheys03

Veteran
I’d go for the pie probably.

I do love a good quiche though, but go through phases. I hadn’t eaten one for months and had four in the last 6 weeks.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

I first saw it in the 90s when I travelled for work in the US. It was all over the place. I thought it was American until someone told me that it had French / German roots.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I like a quiche in the summer when I'd have it with salad. I wouldn't have a steak & kidney pie with salad and that would be too much for a hot summer's day.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Quiche is one of those things that people tend to buy ready made and like most ready mades it’s not very exciting. Considered too much trouble to prepare from scratch and even then it’s not particularly wonderful.

To answer the question I’d rather have a pork pie or Pizza.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
I have spoken to colleagues and friends and they are not partial to it and some wont touch it.

If you given a choice of a pie, a pizza, an egg sandwich, Samosas, a hotdog, a hamburger and a quiche What would you go for?

Have to agree with you colleagues. It's a straight no from me.

Tough choices but it would be pie or pizza.

vickster

Legendary Member
Only hot, egg cold in any savoury form is utterly repulsive (well hidden in a sweet cake or custard is ok!!). I'd never eat it out though, I have to be in full control to make sure it's properly hot!!

Of the options, veggie pizza with loads of artichokes, olives, spinach, mushrooms :becool:

Top Bottom