Is there a stigma to only wear a cap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Although I wouldn’t change my appearance and would probably tell someone to ‘sod off’ for making a remark, I don’t want to look out of place, if that makes sense. I don’t want to wear a helmet.

Mind you, I see quite a lot of cyclists wearing sunglasses and I can’t stand wearing sunglasses!
Get cycling glasses. 1000% more useful than a plastic hat. Get a fly or a piece of muck/grit in your eye whilst at speed and you'll regret not wearing a pair.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Surely if your smugglers get old, maybe the elastic goes, or maybe you just lose weight, they then become
baggy budgie smugglers.

n'est-ce pas?
True; however mine have been big and baggy from the off ;)

Anyway; last post on my below-waist clothing habits as we've hijacked the OP's thread with this inane rubbish for long enough - sorry @LemonJuice!

Kryton521

Über Member
Cap user here. Lack of hair on top and if out in the sun long enough I get those weird stripes on my head. Plus it's very painful to get sun burn on your head.
Would second the use of glasses, you can always get clear safety glasses if you don't want a tint. About three pounds I believe?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hopefully sometime next week I’ll be finally riding a road bike.

I don’t have a helmet at the moment. But, I did buy a cycling cap from the 1990s earlier today on eBay which I intend to wear when I’m out on the bike.

Do you wear a cycling cap? If so, do you think other cyclists judge you because of it?

I recall seeing a lot of cyclists over the years only wearing cycling caps.
Yep, and have quite a collection.
Many of us don't wear helmets and cycle caps do the job perfectly. Winter I wear a 'fleecy 'Belgium Cap' which also keeps your ears warm.
Caps are cool, helmets just look crap. If you don't believe me look at TdeF pictures pre-helmet.

Top Bottom