Is there a stigma to only wear a cap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Why?! Unless you like potential eye pain?
C'mon @vickster you're normally quick to spot them

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Wear what you like.

There is a judgemental minority who get a feeling of virtue by berating other cyclists about the "need" to wear a helmet as they pass.

They are c*nts and should be treated in the same way you would a neighbour who tells you how to bring up your children.

I don't know if you've noticed but there's an equally judgemental minority who get a feeling of virtue by berating other cyclists about their choice to wear a "plastic hat" or to look like an "anthromorphic dildo". These people are also c*nts, just from the opposite extreme of the scale.

I wear a cap sometimes, I wear a helmet sometimes too, and I (like most) don't feel the need to belittle anyone's choice. It's a shame that some do.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't know if you've noticed but there's an equally judgemental minority who get a feeling of virtue by berating other cyclists about their choice to wear a "plastic hat" or to look like an "anthromorphic dildo". These people are also c*nts, just from the opposite extreme of the scale.

I wear a cap sometimes, I wear a helmet sometimes too, and I (like most) don't feel the need to belittle anyone's choice. It's a shame that some do.
Far from equal. Only users ban non-users from events AFAIK, never the opposite.

Are you Miguel Indurain.
In my mind's eye, Big Mig was always a cap-wearer (typically white Banesto):
1993-Indurain-Tour-Movistar.jpg

I think maybe Pedro Delgado was the more likely to be seen in a headband?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'm the only member of work's cycling club that doesn't participate in the annual charity ride. You can guess why. I sign people in and out instead.

Julia9054

Guru
Only the case for certain events, and there is plenty of insurance out there that doesn't control your clothing.

The clubs that stipulate have no excuse. BC and CUK insurance for group riding doesn't require helmets. There are even clubs with no insurance who require lids to join their group rides!
I am not completely anti helmets and will wear a helmet if I am entering an organised event that stipulates one. Though I rarely do sportives etc any more.
My local cycling club has a list of rules (nowt wrong with that) but the first rule says “You must wear a helmet. No helmet, no ride.”
The guy who started the club has a right to impose any rules he sees fit but I don’t like the tone of this so I won’t be joining.

Top Bottom