Is there a stupid signpost thread on this site?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
this did give me a chuckle - on a Virgin train. there was also a soothing female-voiced announcementof the same as the door closed...

14618550587_a5f67508db_z.jpg

Ha ha - we obviously have the same sense of humour, but your photo is clearer than mine ...

Do not flush.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Don't even joke about killing an innocent Goldfish!

maltloaf

They have recently resurfaced some stretches of the A38 heading south out of Gloucester. These sections have a narrow cycle lane segregated by a white line from the main carriageway.

In not one but two separate places they have marked the road as if the main carriageway is the cycle lane

up hill struggle

Don't even joke about killing an innocent Goldfish!

or flushing your exs sweater, it should be used to wipe the crap of your chain before posting it back to them with a thank you note.

more seriousness in the form of intelligent road signs now.

about 14 yrs ago while touring the lake district on my motorcycle i came across sign next to a power sub station saying this area is prone to flooding, if this sign is submerged do not park here.

also a caravan park we stayed at last year had a sign beside the entrance/exit asking people to stay of the road & if exiting the caravan site on foot to use the pedestrian exit & not the car exit (seems like a fair statement) until you notice the only pedestrian gate was on the other side of the road that were forbidden to walk on.

Also same place had a sign on the water taps saying running water is turned off from 10pm, if water is needed after this time use the water supply in camp sites kitchen beside shop. The campsite kitchen had a sign saying kept locked at nite time open from 7am-9pm.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The pic won't upload but opposite me there's a small cul-de-sac called St Georges Close and someone's gone to the trouble of constructing a sign underneath the street sign which says, 'well I can't see him.'

There's a local caterer's whose van has written on it "no pies left in van overnight" - proper signwriting, not some wag writing in the dirt.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Our local septic tank emptying lorries have a sense of humour. Apart from all having vehicle reg no' s that end in 'P00', they all carry a sign on the back stating:

Stool Bus
No Stools Left On Vehicle Overnight
Like us on Faecebook
Find us on Sh*tter

Brandane

Legendary Member
There's a hand written sign near here at a gate on a rough path used by walkers or MTB'ers going through a field. It says "Sheep - keep dogs on lead".
Not being sure if it's a warning or an instruction, I always picture an Animal Farm type scene of sheep doing the "4 legs good, 2 legs better" thing, strolling around the field with their dogs on a lead :wacko:.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
They have recently resurfaced some stretches of the A38 heading south out of Gloucester. These sections have a narrow cycle lane segregated by a white line from the main carriageway.

In not one but two separate places they have marked the road as if the main carriageway is the cycle lane
Do you all ride, en masse, down it and gesticulate to the cars to drive in the kerbside?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Do you all ride, en masse, down it and gesticulate to the cars to drive in the kerbside?

Joking aside, on the A38 as it goes into Bristol - dual carriageway bit past Filton,Airbus, Rolls-Royce etc, they've painted bike symbols in the carriageway. It was lampooned predictably enough in the evening post, but does slightly indicate that we are actually "allowed" to cycle on the road.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Joking aside, on the A38 as it goes into Bristol - dual carriageway bit past Filton,Airbus, Rolls-Royce etc, they've painted bike symbols in the carriageway. It was lampooned predictably enough in the evening post, but does slightly indicate that we are actually "allowed" to cycle on the road.
And not in the gutter either.

Top Bottom