Is there more than one kind of Look cleat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Look cleats are well worn out, so I got some replacements:

1590753964463.png

But they're not working. Basically, they seem too big - not by much, but even a couple of mms means they just won't engage with the pedals. The fact that these are described as 'delta compatible' makes me wonder whether I've managed to buy the 'wrong kind'. (The reviews I've found for them online seem to suggest that people find they work fine with their Look pedals.) Am I missing something? (I've only ever used Shiman SPDs in the past, so all this is new to me.)

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

vickster

Legendary Member
What pedals? Can’t you get genuine Look branded cleats rather than trying to save a couple of quid?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What pedals? Can’t you get genuine Look branded cleats rather than trying to save a couple of quid?
These are the pedals:

1590754651380.png

I could get the real thing, obviously - this wouldn't be the first time I've shafted myself by being a cheap bastard - but like I say, the online reviews seemed to suggest that these were fine. Even if I did write these off & go Look, is there more than one kind?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Oops
Sigma have Keo cleats reduced as an example

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Look/Keo-Grip-Cleats/

Looks like you can choose the float

If you want to be cheap Wiggle do a compatible Keo :ph34r: with 6 deg float

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-road-pedal-cleats-look-keo-compatible
Thanks. The Sigma link throws up a page 404 for me, but the wiggle ones look interesting. Apparently I need to spend another tenner to get free postage. Maybe I'll treat myself to some new inner tubes. :hyper:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. The Sigma link throws up a page 404 for me, but the wiggle ones look interesting. Apparently I need to spend another tenner to get free postage. Maybe I'll treat myself to some new inner tubes. :hyper:
Sigma link https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Look/Keo-Grip-Cleats/2NS (may be cheaper elsewhere amyhow)

Probably best to get cleats with the same float as the binned ones, or your knees may object (assume they're colour coded)

Fill your boots with rubber to get free postage

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
£17! Are you out of your mind? I've bought bikes for less than that!

PS This is actually true.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've never paid that much for Keo cleats, usually £9.99 ("half price" supposedly) at Wiggle. I buy a couple whenever they're on offer, if you can wait they get reduced often.
The float is 9 degrees for red, 4.5 degrees for grey, and 0 degrees for black if you're into the whole saddo masochism thing.
20200529_145129.jpg

Excuse the dust please, I've not changed mine in a long time apparently. :whistle:

Sharky

Guru
It's worth checking the condition of your pedals. If getting a bit worn, might be better to go for new pedals. They all come with a pair of cleats.

Cleats seem to me expensive compared to the pedals themselves.

Top Bottom