Is there really much difference between 700cx23 and 700cx25 tyres

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by johnnyb47, 6 Apr 2019.

Tags:
  1. Smudge

Smudge Senior Member

Price was certainly a factor when i bought the CD+, along with wanting minimum level 5 PP. At around £10 a hoop at the time, i considered them a great deal. They were also the Reflex ones. Clearance at Chain Reaction i think.
    Good to know the difference between CD+ and MG, and although mileage is not a big deal to me, if there's not a lot in the price between them, i'll try MG next time.

2. 172traindriver

172traindriver Legendary Member

When I swapped from Conti gp4000s 23's to 25's the ride definitely felt slightly less harsh and a bit more comfortable.
    As others have remarked is it the slight extra width or lower pressure......not sure? You could believe what the experts say or not.
    As for speed......no idea, I would imagine its how good your legs are on the day.

DCBassman and johnnyb47 like this.
  3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You get extra volume from a 25 over a 23, but if you ride through a damp patch and then look at the mark the tyre leaves on the dry the contact patch is the same width.

johnnyb47 likes this.
  4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

You need the extra pressure to prevent 'pinch flats' on skinny tyres so you can't just run those less inflated.

johnnyb47 likes this.
  5. 172traindriver

172traindriver Legendary Member

Never did

6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

:wacko:

mikeymustard likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice