Is this a 'Health and Safety' issue ...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fred Dibnah he aint.

I've seen Fred Dibnah bring down a chimney in a similar manner.
Slight difference was he put wood supports in to hold it up when hammering the hole a the bottom. When theres was enough been removed he built a fire around the wood support. Supports burn away - chimney falls. Easy and a lot safer.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've seen Fred Dibnah bring down a chimney in a similar manner.
Slight difference was he put wood supports in to hold it up when hammering the hole a the bottom. When theres was enough been removed he built a fire around the wood support. Supports burn away - chimney falls. Easy and a lot safer.
Hmm, an interesting definition of "a lot safer"...! :smile:

colly

Re member eR
Safe as houses. It always goes OK. Until it doesn't.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
In theory it should be OK as it'll be going towards the cut bit not towards you. But still ....

Seems the biggest danger might be much earlier in the procedings when you make the first hole and you're hammering from the way it's gonna go, rather than side on where it' gonna go "safely" away.

All that said, I'd drill some holes and stick some banger in and do it from 100 yards away if it were me

classic33

Leg End Member
Hmm, an interesting definition of "a lot safer"...! :smile:

They failed bringing "Salt & Pepper" down with controlled explosions. One remained almost upright, but at a dangerous angle, and fell to a ball and chain and some manual labour.

In theory it should be OK as it'll be going towards the cut bit not towards you. But still ....

Seems the biggest danger might be much earlier in the procedings when you make the first hole and you're hammering from the way it's gonna go, rather than side on where it' gonna go "safely" away.

All that said, I'd drill some holes and stick some banger in and do it from 100 yards away if it were me
In theory...

Top Bottom