Is this a 'Health and Safety' issue ...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The guy with the hammer made the assumption that the silo would fall like a tree with a notch cut in it. Hollow stuff doesn't do that. I would have made the same mistake.

I'm glad he got away with it, had a lot of fun, and a mighty blast of adrenaline.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh dear. Accy's cousin Norm is getting in on the game.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lC86d9Jm0Vc

... an example of 'spot the braincell'? :wacko:

... or just someone with a secret death wish? :laugh:

I suspect it's a lack of money to pay a professional coupled with the realisation the silo will fall at some point soon if he dioesn't do something.

I remember at one place I worked we needed a large tree felling and one of the staff who was from the Pacific Islands took charge, on the basis that "We do that all the time at home, with coconut trees".

The tree came down okay and no-one was hurt, but they had to run under the falling tree to get away...

D

Deleted member 26715

Although that's down to divine providence rather than any skill or expertise in such matters.
Possibly but if it was my property & I wanted it doing it's the way I'd do it, that is if I could manage to swing the sledgehammer that many times with that force, although I wouldn't ask anybody else to do it for me,

Drago

Legendary Member
It's like speeding like a twit past a school. Sure, you may get away with it, but the potential for bad things to happen is too great. Not that I own a silo, but if I did I think I'd get someone in to demolish it rather than copy the local redneck.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
I don't see anything wrong with the way they did it, nobody got hurt, silo down, result

its the US , and doesnt look to be an "at work" situation, so yeah its a result.

sadly it was that attitude in the UK that caused a massive amount of at work deaths , which thankfully led to one of the best bits of legislation ever written.

As soon as the video gets intetesting, the camera operator drops the camera.
It's not like it was a surprise.
At least the guy was taking the video in landscape format, like you should for every subject....except tall chimney stacks.

Top Bottom