Is this bike worth it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

Can someone let me know if this is a good price please as I don’t have a clue what they should cost. And are they a good bike ?? Thx in advance

Attachments

• AD017174-004C-478F-B5C5-3BB800BAB010.png
    AD017174-004C-478F-B5C5-3BB800BAB010.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 18393D6B-4AEE-4C06-BC96-E63999C03EA4.png
    18393D6B-4AEE-4C06-BC96-E63999C03EA4.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
Obviously seen some life with its mismatched braking systems. Needs more photos to judge the condition. Is it decent or knackered?

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it carbon? If so, it may not be able to take proper fixed mudguards which you'd want on a winter bike.

But yes it'll be a decent enough bike if in good nick (but personally I'd be sure to thoroughly check the frame and decide whether carbon is right for winter use). I reckon it's maybe a bit overpriced if old and a Frankenbike...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The XLS is carbon, but it's a "race" cyclocross bike. Price looks OK for used - check ebay. You won't get mud guards on it unless you use P-clips or something like race blades.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Is it carbon? If so, it may not be able to take proper fixed mudguards which you'd want on a winter bike.

But yes it'll be a decent enough bike if in good nick (but personally I'd be sure to thoroughly check the frame and decide whether carbon is right for winter use). I reckon it's maybe a bit overpriced if old and a Frankenbike...

Thank you really appreciate it 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
The XLS is carbon, but it's a "race" cyclocross bike. Price looks OK for used - check ebay. You won't get mud guards on it unless you use P-clips or something like race blades.

I wouldn’t p clip on a carbon frame myself, not sure raceblades go wide enough for CX tyres?

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

You could have new for the same cash
https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin..._medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=genieshopping
(Merlin quite often have promos too)

That’s great for the price but I’m all about looks lol it looks a tad plain to me
You could have new for the same cash
https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin..._medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=genieshopping
(Merlin quite often have promos too)

while that is a good bike I’m a sucker for good looks and it looks a bit plain for me. Might sound ridiculous but it has to stand out.

Top Bottom