Is this carbon seat mast damage a concern?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
Hey guys, a shop owner forwarded me this email from Giant sales agent:

"I have discussed this with our warranty department after viewing the image and it is our opinion that there is no warranty claim here. Noted that there is some paint chipping and carbon fraying around where the post has been cut but this is not a manufacturing defect. It is also not a structural issue.

As far as this affecting any further warranty claim on the bike, it will not. We look at all warranty claims on their merit individually so this will not have any bearing on future decisions if they arise."

Good enough? My only concern is that the individual didn't have @giant.com in his signature as he is a giant sales agent. However I spoke to the shop owner and he again confirmed over the phone that if i have any issues in future he will cover me.
I suppose i should have a piece of mind now that structurally its ok and that i can claim warranty in future if it gets worse.

I suppose i should have a piece of mind now that structurally its ok and that i can claim warranty in future if it gets worse.

What ? - the shop have damaged youre frame due to poor workmanship - thats youre issue.

Should you need to even claim on that bike theres a good chance Giant will state poor workmanship as a reason not to pay the claim.

Get on to you're credit card company - you have received a damaged bike - not a new one.

OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
What ? - the shop have damaged youre frame due to poor workmanship - thats youre issue.

Should you need to even claim on that bike theres a good chance Giant will state poor workmanship as a reason not to pay the claim.

Get on to you're credit card company - you have received a damaged bike - not a new one.
Well they just stated in the email that this wont affect any further claims.. shouldnt that be enough?

Top Bottom