Is this carbon seat mast damage a concern?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It is an sl model..the seatpost is part of the frame
Then he should get a new frame given the mess the shop has made.
What is the benefit of an integrated post, what happens if you sell on or find you need to raise or lower the saddle? Seems an utterly ridiculous idea!

Heigue'r

Veteran
Agreed he should get a new frame,just offering an alternative solution given the difficulty he is having with the shop or is that not allowed?
Why is it an utterly ridiculous idea?

vickster

Legendary Member
Agreed he should get a new frame,just offering an alternative solution given the difficulty he is having with the shop or is that not allowed?
Because it’s a component that needs so be adjusted to the individual and can only be done once. What benefit does it bring to the rider?

Reactions: C R

dodgy

Integrated Seat Posts (ISPs) are a terrible idea if you like to travel with your bike. Yes I know you can get bike bags to accommodate but they're pretty big. Even putting ISP frames in the boot of your car is a hassle.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Because it could make the bike unsellable for one. Even two people with the same body dimensions can prefer their saddles at differing heights.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not as aero, innit?
Nor are large human beings atop a bike surely? :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If this is a new bike from the shop, take it back. The integrated post looks like a chimp has cut it with a plastic picnic knife. The inner edges are rough too. I've cut carbon seat posts a few times with a brand new hacksaw blade. Never looked like that.

OP
OP
N

New bikie

Regular
Thanks guys. I live 1800km from the shop i bought the bike from as i live remotely. I spoke to them and emailed them but they claim they spoke to giant and shown them my pictures and how it's not structural damage and its all good. The fact is that carbon has been chipped which i repeated to them multiple times. In the conversation i had with them yesterday they said how they're thinking about this and trying to find a solution and they'll get back to me. I dont think they will.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
That's just an implementation detail, what you really want is a frictionless spherical horse.
Or Lt. Frank Drebin's idea of safe sex, but surely would double up as a fantastic aerodynamic suit, far better than any of the pro's use.
1596493454132.jpeg

• Laugh
Thanks guys. I live 1800km from the shop i bought the bike from as i live remotely. I spoke to them and emailed them but they claim they spoke to giant and shown them my pictures and how it's not structural damage and its all good. The fact is that carbon has been chipped which i repeated to them multiple times. In the conversation i had with them yesterday they said how they're thinking about this and trying to find a solution and they'll get back to me. I dont think they will.

Go to giant direct.

If that doesn't yield results - see if you can find a shop who will produce and independent report (need only be a few lines on headed note paper)

Send the lot to the shop - by signed for mail (shows them you are serious)

.....if all that fails...

Approach you credit card company - tell them you have received defective goods and wish to make a section 75 claim.

And/or

Log a case with the small claims court - write to shop again with claims number ask the shop to state their lock position (ie the basis of their defence in court)

...in general get a bit nasty - name the shop on here - leave an enquiry on there FB or Twitter pages...

Top Bottom