Is this Cycling Active offer genuine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
All depends on your definition of "worth"

Every chance it could be £10 worth of tat.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you shop around you can probably get the jacket & rucksack cheaper, but if you buy the magazine anyway its a good deal :thumbsup:
I subscribed a while back & got a pair of bib shorts. The shorts took an age to come & were too small when they arrived. They also sent a cycling top free as the shorts took so long to come. I sold the shorts & shirt on ebay & the sale covered the cost of the subscription, so I got free mags for a year ^_^

Gary E

Veteran
Can't see anything that says you have to subscribe for 2 years to get the offer either so a 1 year subscription should do (I could just be missing something obvious)

mattobrien

Guru
If they're offering an Altura jacket in the deal then it's not "tat". I know they're not to everyone's liking but they're definately worth more than ten quid!:thumbsup:
The only thing that's putting me off is that the colours of the items don't compliment each other!:rolleyes:

I know it looks like an a Altura jacket that's pictured, but I couldn't see anywhere that it said it was an Altura jacket. Happy to be corrected.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We subscribed on account of the jacket, but not for 2 years. Our debit card would go into shock if we did that. Asked for an XL one for hisnibs as I have a lovely 'council orange' night vision jobbie already (:ohmy: oh darn it, the orange will clash with my high viz yellow sealskinz gloves)

http://www.magazinesdirect.com/subscription/cycling-active/16892596/cycling-active.thtml?utm_medium=Text link&utm_source=BRAND WEBSITE&utm_campaign=QCA brand site hardlinks&utm_content=print edition Have i read it wrong? It seems too good an offer if you subscribe for two years at a cost of £82.99 to receive a jacket and rucksack worth £79.99!:ohmy:

You are right to be sceptical, but here how it works: Usually the magazines aim is to secure subscribers because that's what defines the cost of their advertising space. So, basically yes you are right, they most probably are breaking even with this offer, but that way they have a secure number of issues pre-sold which will work wonders when they're trying to recruit new clients (or convince the existing ones).
So if you like the magazine and in need of a jacket and a rucksack, go for it!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You are right to be sceptical, but here how it works: Usually the magazines aim is to secure subscribers because that's what defines the cost of their advertising space. So, basically yes you are right, they most probably are breaking even with this offer, but that way they have a secure number of issues pre-sold which will work wonders when they're trying to recruit new clients (or convince the existing ones).

I am looking at this one as well, i usually cancel and resub under another family members name to C+ but i already have a winproof from last year still in its wrapper and tbh i do not like skull caps so i am considering this offer.

Booyaa

Veteran
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Thanks that seems to explain it!:thumbsup: I've been buying the magazine for the last 6 months or so, so i might as well subscribe and get the freebies, seeing as i'm a fan of high viz!:sun:I was thinking about buying that Jacket (if it is an Altura)when i saw it in my LBS yesterday.

I am looking at this one as well, i usually cancel and resub under another family members name to C+ but i already have a winproof from last year still in its wrapper and tbh i do not like skull caps so i am considering this offer.

I don't think you even have to change the name tbh! They should be happy to have you back (and they do)..
It does look like a good offer, but they only have the men's model and unfortunatelly even the small one is too big for me.. :sad: (not very shape flattering either..)

Thanks that seems to explain it!:thumbsup: I've been buying the magazine for the last 6 months or so, so i might as well subscribe and get the freebies, seeing as i'm a fan of high viz!:sun:I was thinking about buying that Jacket (if it is an Altura)when i saw it in my LBS yesterday.

I have the actual magazine here and it looks like an Altura.. the problem is, if it were wouldn't they use the name to promote the offer a bit better? So.. not so sure.. But then again, the price is matching the Altura hi viz doesn't?

Top Bottom