Is this for real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Looks like the usual drivel to me.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I had to take two paracetamol and go for a lie down after I read of the DM's professed concern for "vulnerable users". Is this a first? Or just another way of demonising cyclists?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At least signage about how to proceed with bikes coming from all directions.
As one commentator said could be a 'super collider '.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
So what what you suggest should happen when two cycle lanes cross and the route has to be used by pedestrians?

What's wrong with a simple crossroads set-up with separate crossing points for pedestrians, similar to this style used in Leeds. You'll heve to iImagine the cycle lane extending on to the right and mirroring the set up to the left and extending downwards where the road is with another pedestrian crossing.
1670789586870.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What's wrong with a simple crossroads set-up with separate crossing points for pedestrians, similar to this style used in Leeds. You'll heve to iImagine the cycle lane extending on to the right and mirroring the set up to the left and extending downwards where the road is with another pedestrian crossing.
View attachment 670799
And of course all cyclists are going to obey the lights?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And of course all cyclists are going to obey the lights?

What lights? The ones in the picture are to allow pedestrians & cycles to cross the main road safely - there's none at the cycle way crossings (T-junction) or where the pedestrian crossing markings are as they're simply not needed.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 670799
Is that an artists illustration?

Top Bottom