Is this Guy aiming to knock this cyclist off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2UH2E8iCU

I cant really remember the first clip but I think it was over following too closely. The video fills in the rest and that was it. The driver tweets about it and that sums up the incident.

Then we have this event with the audi.
Going to the end it looked like he aimed for a very close pass on the cyclist from the front camera but I mean really close. The back confirmed by fears and I think they would have hit him if he had not moved. Intention or not they were going to hit him.

I have to give them credit where its due though. Tweeting about it. Classic! Lets give-em a tweet.

Interesting that only action was taken vs the passenger. The intent of the driver I find far more dangerous and anti social. With the latter being the most sleek way of looking at it.
I have mixed views even so opinion of the cyclist aside the second video is shocking.

What do you all make of this?

Last edited:

Hip Priest

Veteran
He's either trying to knock him off or scare him. Either way it's terrifying, and a £90 fine seems pretty laughable for using a vehicle as a weapon.To be honest though, I've seen a lot of this guy's videos, and the way he carries on means that this sort of dangerous escalation was inevitable at some stage.

Jezston

Über Member
Bloody hell, that shot from the rear cam was mental - I thought it was just a fast pass at first but it looked like he was actually trying to take him out!

The fact the driver got nothing for that is absolutely outrageous. If the cyclist hadn't swerved out of the way he'd be dead.

MarkF

Guru
To be honest though, I've seen a lot of this guy's videos, and the way he carries on means that this sort of dangerous escalation was inevitable at some stage.

I've just looked and the bloke has it coming. If you don't want to get bitten, then stop pulling the tiger's tail.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've just looked and the bloke has it coming. If you don't want to get bitten, then stop pulling the tiger's tail.

Yes. Whilst I fear that it may be dismissed as 'victim blaming', I do feel that any cyclist having multiple roadside slanging matches every week will eventually run into a total psychopath. I feared a similar thing happened to Matt off here, which is why myself (and others) urged him to stop confronting motorists.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Why does he cycle so slowly, with such poor balance and consistantly two feet outside the dotted line where there are no parked cars... does he like to be confrontational with every car on the road?

ohnovino

Large Member
There's a rider on Strava who has the same name as this guy and rides the sames roads on the same days, but it can't be the same bloke because his Strava data is much slower than the speeds he claims he's doing on his video comments :whistle:

Hip Priest

Veteran

Here's another one where a pointless comment over something minor almost escalated into something nasty. The best thing about this video is that he cycles past the very flat where I err...became a man.

Frood42

I know where my towel is

Nothing wrong with that pull-out (not Hip Priest), the taxi did nothing wrong, the cyclist's a knob, I'd log in to Youtube and tell him if I wasn't off down the pub.
While I do think the cyclist over reacted with the taxi driver, no matter how much of a nob you make think he is, does that really give the audi driver the right to drive in such a manner as he did?

The comment to the taxi driver was stupid, "are you gonna wait for me now", but hardly warrants the behaviour seen later by the taxi driver, who is driving a large machine.

Keeping this to the original incident, the Audi driver needed a serious talking to by the police for such reckless actions, this should not be tolerated, at all.

The second video, I do not see that the taxi driver has done anything wrong at the beginning, there was plenty of time to pull out and get up to speed, and the cyclist was very,very silly to be making a comment about it as such he did.
However the taxi driver did then go onto then try and scare or box in the cyclist, which is not really proportionate to the comment and was also a very silly thing to do. Yes, it could have all been easily avoided by keeping quiet, but no one has the right to intimtidate another road user using their vehicle.

Personally if I had been driving I would have wondered why he made the comment, probably think he was a twat, but then wouldn't waste my time on that person any further.

Some people can get offended too easily, as shown by both the cyclist and drivers.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'm certainly not excusing the actions of the Audi driver or the cabbie. My point is that if you go round confronting drivers all day you'll eventually run into one of these idiots and then you put yourself at risk. There is nothing to be gained from confronting drivers.

Top Bottom