Is this Guy aiming to knock this cyclist off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

on the road

Über Member

Here's another one where a pointless comment over something minor almost escalated into something nasty. The best thing about this video is that he cycles past the very flat where I err...became a man.

I didn't see anything wrong with the pull out, but the cyclist is taking a bit of a chance filtering on the right, I know that road and it's very narrow and with traffic coming the other way it doesn't leave much room for error.

Linford

Here's another one where a pointless comment over something minor almost escalated into something nasty. The best thing about this video is that he cycles past the very flat where I err...became a man.

What was the point in that, Cars do that all the time to other cars....I wonder if he would be quite so gobby without the cam ?

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I didn't see anything wrong with the pull out, but the cyclist is taking a bit of a chance filtering on the right, I know that road and it's very narrow and with traffic coming the other way it doesn't leave much room for error.

On a postive note, he did wait behind the red car at the lights, rather than going all the way to the front, crossing the solid white stop line.
Gotta be worth something, surely?

Then again, they both were stopped on a zebra crossing :angry: :cursing: , only worried about themselves and their slanging match clearly.
That was very inconsiderate of them both :ninja:, they really need it banging into their head that these safe havens for pedestrians should be respected better.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I'm no fan of this certain cyclist but going off twitter the driver stands by him cycling in the middle of the row is to blame solely . Further more the original one Makes a possible threat that if he continues to ride as such he will find himself down on the floor. These are not exactly nice persons.
Anyhow opinions aside the police were too soft. I do feel the driver should be charged with something. I don't know if it's applicable but reckless endangerment seems to be a good fit.
Given the drivers responses I truly believe they would do it again to a cyclist. Known the soft touch of the police.

Last edited:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I'm no fan of this certain cyclist but going off twitter the driver stands by him cycling in the middle of the row is to blame solely . Further more the original one Makes a possible threat that if he continues to ride as such he will find himself down on the floor. These are not exactly nice persons.
Anyhow opinions aside the police were too soft. I do feel the driver should be charged with something. I don't know if it's applicable but reckless endangerment seems to be a good fit.
Given the drivers responses I truly believe they would do it again to a cyclist. Known the soft touch of the police.

This seems like Liverpool, so I don't think reckless endangerment applies, I think that is Scotland.
Something like negligence or careless/dangerous driving

I am not sure, and Google doesn't want to be my friend in this regard.

Perhaps driving without due care and attention?

http://www.traffic-answers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=513.0

There will be much, much more knowlegeable people on here in this area who could clear it up beyond my Googling.

buggi

Bird Saviour

Back Street Sex Change surgery?

i have twice reported drivers who have driven too close to allow their passengers to push me off their bike. Both drivers admitted doing it, nothing happened to them, or their passengers.

on the road

Über Member
Could it be that the driver denied it was him driving? In the first 14 seconds of the video the driver doesn't appear to be committing any offence and after that only the passenger's face is seen.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Could it be that the driver denied it was him driving? In the first 14 seconds of the video the driver doesn't appear to be committing any offence and after that only the passenger's face is seen.

and at 2mins 30secs onwards? Your thoughts?

It seems the original incident was an altercation was with a different car, he seems to believe the Audi driver in the second video knows the original driver or it could be the same passenger in both (posts on twitter, or something).

1st incident
Published on Jun 19, 2013
The cyclist here was moving out of the door zone to pass parked cars when the driver of this this car floored it and did not allow him to move out. When the driver was spoken to he swore and grunted and threw a coin at the cyclist. The passenger also shouted at the cyclist when their paths crossed later in the ride.
Then followed a barrage of abuse on twitter and threats were made, which have since been deleted.

2nd incident
Published on Oct 3, 2013
Held this one back pending police action. The driver of AD04 BRO took umbrage at his mug being on You Tube and had the video pulled in a privacy complain.
I believe a few have re-uploaded this video. Anyway, one of his mates randomly bumps into me on a ride weeks after, and tries to exact his revenge.
He tweets about the incident. And he tweets a photo of me, which he very quickly deleted.

The cyclist does not help himself, with deciding to speak to drivers in the way he does, but does that really then deserve what we see in video 2?

He could help himself by improving his cycle craft and rather than speaking to drivers just reporting them straight to the police if he believes the driving to be terrible.
If an idiot does a stupid overtake why not hang back (draft white van at lights) rather than filter and give them another shot?

It all boils down to the VW driver squeezing the cyclist because he can't be bothered to wait a few seconds.
Which then escalates to all of this crap :wacko:, but the cyclist is not driving 1.5 or more tons of vehicle.

Personally, I think he took the road wrong, should have been more assertive earlier, and should have communicated his intentions to the traffic behind with a hold back signal, but then nobber drivers like this will always be nobbers and never learn.

Just my internet opinion, others may disagree.

original:

MarkF

Guru
Seriously? IMO your idea of being killed for being an arse is a tadgy bit punitive and the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

At no time did I mention the cyclist being killed, nor did I mention, or suggest, an appropriate punishment. You have let your imagination run wild.............

This is what I said, after looking at many of his videos, "I've just looked and the bloke has it coming. If you don't want to get bitten, then stop pulling the tiger's tail." He got the incident that he was always going to get, at some point, hopefully he can moderate his own behaviour.

Last edited:

Linford

and at 2mins 30secs onwards? Your thoughts?

It seems the original incident was an altercation was with a different car, he seems to believe the Audi driver in the second video knows the original driver or it could be the same passenger in both (posts on twitter, or something).

1st incident
Published on Jun 19, 2013
The cyclist here was moving out of the door zone to pass parked cars when the driver of this this car floored it and did not allow him to move out. When the driver was spoken to he swore and grunted and threw a coin at the cyclist. The passenger also shouted at the cyclist when their paths crossed later in the ride.
Then followed a barrage of abuse on twitter and threats were made, which have since been deleted.

2nd incident
Published on Oct 3, 2013
Held this one back pending police action. The driver of AD04 BRO took umbrage at his mug being on You Tube and had the video pulled in a privacy complain.
I believe a few have re-uploaded this video. Anyway, one of his mates randomly bumps into me on a ride weeks after, and tries to exact his revenge.
He tweets about the incident. And he tweets a photo of me, which he very quickly deleted.

The cyclist does not help himself, with deciding to speak to drivers in the way he does, but does that really then deserve what we see in video 2?

He could help himself by improving his cycle craft and rather than speaking to drivers just reporting them straight to the police if he believes the driving to be terrible.
If an idiot does a stupid overtake why not hang back (draft white van at lights) rather than filter and give them another shot?

It all boils down to the VW driver squeezing the cyclist because he can't be bothered to wait a few seconds.
Which then escalates to all of this crap :wacko:, but the cyclist is not driving 1.5 or more tons of vehicle.

Personally, I think he took the road wrong, should have been more assertive earlier, and should have communicated his intentions to the traffic behind with a hold back signal, but then nobber drivers like this will always be nobbers and never learn.

Just my internet opinion, others may disagree.

original:

He does look like he is looking for confrontation with the cam. I doubt he would have yelled had the car got its windows up.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
At no time did I mention the cyclist being killed, nor did I mention, or suggest, an appropriate punishment. You have let your imagination run wild.............

This is what I said, after looking at many of his videos, "I've just looked and the bloke has it coming. If you don't want to get bitten, then stop pulling the tiger's tail." He got the incident that he was always going to get, at some point, hopefully he can moderate his own behaviour.
Your original post inferred that he deserved what he got, and there was a high risk of him being injured or possibly killed. As I said, IMO the crime of being an arse doesn't fit what happened or in your words 'got what he deserved'.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Your original post inferred that he deserved what he got, and there was a high risk of him being injured or possibly killed. As I said, IMO the crime of being an arse doesn't fit what happened or in your words 'got what he deserved'.

You're putting words in MarkF's mouth there. He never said that.

Top Bottom