Is this Guy aiming to knock this cyclist off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you take a look at what you've just written you're saying he doesn't deserve it, then he does deserve it. You've contradicted yourself because you don't understand the correct meaning of the idiom.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Glenn, please read carefully, I used the word "deserve" and the phrase "had it coming", for two completely different scenarios..............

Like before, I have wasted too much time on you and the thread is taking an increasingly bizarre (and b.o.r.i.n.g) turn, plus I am going out for a ride. Tootle pip! ^_^

Frood42

I know where my towel is
He does look like he is looking for confrontation with the cam. I doubt he would have yelled had the car got its windows up.

:hello:

From my post: "The cyclist does not help himself, with deciding to speak to drivers in the way he does, but does that really then deserve what we see in video 2?"

I have shouted rather rudely at cars out of surprise or shock, my inner chimp (Marvin) was reacting and was not registering if a window was open or not. :crazy:
The old flight or fight.

After that I believe he was reacting to the driver or passenger.

Personally I wouldn't engage, but I don't see that the cyclist started the "chat".
Show me where, if you would be so kind?

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Glenn, please read carefully, I used the word "deserve" and the phrase "had it coming", for two completely different scenarios..............

Like before, I have wasted too much time on you and the thread is taking an increasingly bizarre (and b.o.r.i.n.g) turn, plus I am going out for a ride. Tootle pip! ^_^

While you make a distinction between the two, many do not, I would not have.
Regional differences that don't translate so well on the internet?

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
At no time did I mention the cyclist being killed, nor did I mention, or suggest, an appropriate punishment. You have let your imagination run wild.............

This is what I said, after looking at many of his videos, "I've just looked and the bloke has it coming. If you don't want to get bitten, then stop pulling the tiger's tail." He got the incident that he was always going to get, at some point, hopefully he can moderate his own behaviour.
From my experience you don't need to pull the tigers tail. Your existence is enough to piss it off.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I think Brompton will interpret it anyway that will suit his wild imagination, Glenn has been simmering a week and couldn't wait to get out his Google book of revelations (AKA spurious "facts").^_^
Eh? It doesn't need interpretation and I have no grudge or malice towards you.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Flounce!

Top Bottom