Is this the bike it says it is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
W
Would it be this one? LINK

It's similar to the Triban frame but you get a steel fork instead of the carbon one (makes it 1.1kg heavier) and it's a 7 speed cassette. So not as good a spec as the Triban but personally I'd still pick it over that Vitesse.
Would rather wait an extra few months an get a triban in all fairness! Have been looking at a secondhand Schwinn but cannot find much info or the year and the guy wants £200 quid for it! Hate buying 2nd hand as I don't know what I'm getting!!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
W
Would rather wait an extra few months an get a triban in all fairness!
Sounds sensible to me.:thumbsup: You need to be happy with your choice of bike after all.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's £200 (ignore the piffle about it being reduced from £400), it's not going to be featherlight

How about looking for a second hand Specialized Sirrus if you want light and flat bar?

Otherwise, there's always the Triban 3 :whistle:

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
I dont really wat flat bar I dont think. I am genuinly leaning towards borrowing some money to get myself a triban 3 now! I figure I can always sell it on on here if i decide that it isnt for me. £299 gets me a whole lot of bike and it pays for itself in 9.5 weeks with my commute at the moment! Just need to find that extra bit of cash now!

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
poor credit rating and a student so i doubt that would be possible! :blink:

vickster

Legendary Member
Flog some stuff on ebay...you'll need a fair bit of kit too if you are new to cycling - I would say £150 minimum - especially if you plan to wear a helmet and cycle in the cold and especially the dark, and also leave the bike anywhere outside unattended

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
Bit the bullet and bought a carrera Subway. If I decide I like cycling will buy a triban 3 in september with my student loan. I paid 179.99 for the subway including lights, free 6 week service, mudguards, pump,saddle bag ,water bottle and they said if I wanted to they would fit some TDF bars for free if I wanted. I know people will only moan but my mrs will buy it off me if I don't like it then ill get a triban an my friends dad works there so got a lot for a little money

vickster

Legendary Member
Bit the bullet and bought a carrera Subway. If I decide I like cycling will buy a triban 3 in september with my student loan. I paid 179.99 for the subway including lights, free 6 week service, mudguards, pump,saddle bag ,water bottle and they said if I wanted to they would fit some TDF bars for free if I wanted. I know people will only moan but my mrs will buy it off me if I don't like it then ill get a triban an my friends dad works there so got a lot for a little money

Errr wasn't it too heavy and not for you last night? Anyhow, enjoy :bicycle:

Top Bottom