Is this the stupidest helmet innovation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...since the last one?

https://cyclevision.com.au

A helmet with embedded cameras: are you worried helmets offer too much protection? Easily fixed by adding adding hard plastic and glass and metals in the middle of your forehead and near the base of your skull. Can't see how that could go wrong.
WhiteFront_1024x1024.png

BackBlue_copy_1024x1024.png

Reactions: mjr

Lonestar

Veteran
Where can I get one?

Sharky

Guru
I've yet to be convinced that a head cam is needed, but I can see when it is in a prominent place and visible to drivers it may make drivers think twice before making a close pass. A hidden camera wouldn't deter bad drivers.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
but I can see when it is in a prominent place and visible to drivers it may make drivers think twice before making a close pass. A hidden camera wouldn't deter bad drivers.

Makes no difference whatsoever.
I've removed my cams as they just add weight but the rear one stuck up like a sore thumb on the rear rack and it had no effect at making drivers think twice about tailgating, close passing etc.
Might aswell have had a sign advising they'd need vaseline if they got any closer.

Lonestar

Veteran
I was going to sarcastically reshare:

But now I see it is vapourware,when you tunnel down deep enough

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
The Cyclevision helmet is coming very soon. Initially it will be available in limited numbers as we gear up production, so make sure you sign up for updates below.

I know.I was joshing.;)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Makes no difference whatsoever.
I've removed my cams as they just add weight but the rear one stuck up like a sore thumb on the rear rack and it had no effect at making drivers think twice about tailgating, close passing etc.
Might aswell have had a sign advising they'd need vaseline if they got any closer.
I've always been quite clear that the cameras are mainly for capturing the strange things I see (it's Norfolk) and road defects (potholes, stray branches and so on) so I don't have to get the camera out and just occasionally for after-the-fact evidence of bad driving (twice in about 8 years so far).

Top Bottom