is this the worst news ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well I'm knackered then. Tend to have one or two fresh coffee's a day, with about six teas. Don't drink it after 5pm, but I also drink wine/beer - I'm goosed. I also eat food, there is no hope, oh and water - all those nitrates. :wacko:

Might get run over by a bus tomorrow ! :tongue:

Basil.B

Guru
Back to the beer then ! ^_^
Alas I had Acute Pancreatitis 4 years ago as a result of my boozing.
Once you have had that, it's goodbye to the booze! :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Alas I had Acute Pancreatitis 4 years ago as a result of my boozing.
Once you have had that, it's goodbye to the booze! :sad:

Ah.

My BIL's best mate did that on my BIL's stag doo. He was a heavy drinker, but went way OTT on the stag doo - was doing beers and chasers every round when the rest of us were doing a beer (I was saying - OMG - how many). He was a very big lad, seemed to hold it, but ended up in hospital after that - yup - no can do on the booze after that. :wacko:

Gromit

Über Member
My mum died of cancer in April she was 70, my Auntie who is 84 has it and a friend of mine is terminal ill and in his late 30's early 40's. I'm not going to stop eating or drinking things I enjoy just because of a fear of getting cancer.

A chap at college lost his father to cancer just before Christmas, he now spends his life avoiding things that could cause him harm, reading everything about how not to get cancer. It is not a way I want to live my life.

I'm female, low to moderate drinker, don't smoke. My gran loved a pint and her snuff she was 78 when she died in 1984.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My BCR Able tests are now so low that they can't get a reading without doing a new type of test. I have been told I have a normal predicted lifespan. I have been there, getting cancer again would be awful, but if I do, then so be it, it is all chance.
Also, with the other illness I had, I nearly died, so death doesn't frighten me now either.

'The darker you go, the more you see the stars'.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been pronounced dead at what was then the local A&E. Doctors running round trying to see everyone in the department. Usual Weekend night in the department.
Left arm had gone a grey/green colour(totally normal) & no pulse when he made a quick check. Blanket pulled back over after he had stuffed the arm back through the bars on the bed. I moved & he moved slightly quicker when I did.

If the reason for this thread is true then its not going to stop me drinking tea, not a chance. M.D.B., I'll continue with the whiskey if I feel like drinking it, "holy water" when available & if neither of those I'll stick with the Guiness.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Double espresso macchiato on tap for me! :wacko:
A while ago I'd decided to experiment drinking green tea instead, made me queasy after 3 large mugs.
Double espresso is an essential survival beverage when you work in catering!

Berties

Fast and careful!
Double boil the water and add to the chances of dementia ,in for a penny in for a pound ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Double espresso macchiato on tap for me! :wacko:
A while ago I'd decided to experiment drinking green tea instead, made me queasy after 3 large mugs.
Double espresso is an essential survival beverage when you work in catering!

Nah, if its gone green its been in the cup too long. I'd make a fresh lot & drink that instead.

Top Bottom