Is this what "news" is now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Kerry who? Cara Cardigan? Eh?

The one with kebabs and is on the 6th husband or so

A model who is alway in the papers, big backside, famous for being famous.

Oh wait, that covers most of the Slebs :laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I tend to listen to either Radio4 or 6music, and their news editors are no strangers to reporting the latest reality TV news... no, it's not news and reporting it 'as news' only belittles them.

Maybe a letter to Points of View is in order? I'll be 'Disgruntled from Lancaster'.

I have now gone over to 4&6.

I did send the Beeb an email, they replied saying they were covering relevant modern culture.....

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Not really on topic, but: this morning I made the mistake of reading the Melbourne paper The Herand Sun, and one of the comments set a new low for stupidity. I can't recall the exact wording, but it went something like: "What's the point of using CCTV cameras, if someone wearing a bike helmet or a burqa can't be recognised?" :angry: This is offensive to both Muslims and to cyclists, and appears to be lumping cyclists in with the violent Muslims that have been much in the news lately. What's even worse is that the Herald Sun publishes this rubbish, which means their standards are very, very low.

hoopdriver

Guru
When I travelled for a year round NZ and Australia, the two things I really missed were British pubs and British newspapers. By which, needless to say, I meant broadsheets, not tabs. In most of NZ, the average front page headliner is something about wool prices; world news appears as 1/3 of p11 - a collection of two-sentence paragraphs about what Them Out There have been up to. I buy a Guardian on a Saturday and it keeps me company through the week. If I didn't get it, I'd really miss it. And no, I can't tell a sleb from a bucket of porridge.
The bucket of porridge has more depth

Top Bottom