Is Titanium worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am in the market for a new bike.
I currently have an aluminium frame, in the dim and distant past I used to ride a Reynolds Steel frame bike.
Have never ridden carnbon frame

I have assumes I would go for a carbon, something like Spesh Roubaix or Cannondale Synapse
Someone in the club said I should go for titanium
seems to be particularly expensive
Is it worth it, It would mean downing the specs in order to afford the frame

I have particular wants, I am 64, must be comfortable sportive type riding position
I need a 32 at the back and a 34 at the front

What is the view here

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
Ribble do a nice one at reasonable money and you can customise it with their bike builder
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-ti-sportive-racing/

vickster

Legendary Member
Titanium is lush :-) if I buy another road bike it'll be Ti. Talk to enigma down in Sussex, they have a full range of styles and if your pockets are deep they'll custom build :smile:

Otherwise spa have a very good deal on the Sabbath Aspire in most sizes. 10 speed triple but £1150. Most Ti will be 2-3k

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m1b0s21p3404/SABBATH-Aspire-105

Fatbirds also have a huge range of brands

Only you can decide if it is worth it. But do go and try it. Is there someone near you, either a ti store or even a CCer with ti !

I would also recommend enigma. I know a few CCers who have purchased from them, including myself, with no problems whatsoever. Quite the opposite - ask @velovoice who has a wonderful custom build.

I would never buy carbon but I admit I am biased!!

simon.r

Person
IMHO a good Ti frame rides very similarly to a good steel frame but tends to be lighter.

Lots of options out there, I'm very happy with my Kinesis:

image.jpeg

Take a look at this thread for inspiration: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-titanium.56645/page-41

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I currently have analuminium frame, in the dim and distant past I used to ride a Reynolds Steel fram bike.

I have nawould go for a carbon, something like Spesh Roubaix or Cannondale Synapse
to be particularly expensive
Is it worth it, It would mean downing the specs in order to anfford the frame

I have particular wants, I am 64, must be comfortable sportive type riding position

What is the view here

Your down the road from me Bob I have a Roubaix if you want to have a go on it let me know.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Titanium is lush :-) if I buy another road bike it'll be Ti. Talk to enigma down in Sussex, they have a full range of styles and if your pockets are deep they'll custom build :smile:

Otherwise spa have a very good deal on the Sabbath Aspire in most sizes. 10 speed triple but £1150. Most Ti will be 2-3k

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m1b0s21p3404/SABBATH-Aspire-105

Fatbirds also have a huge range of brands
That aspire is cracking value, I dare say they would let you upgrade the wheels for something a bit less entry level too. Plus the triple has a bottom of 30-30 which is even better than your suggested 34-32.

PK99

Legendary Member
I currently have analuminium frame, in the dim and distant past I used to ride a Reynolds Steel fram bike.

I have nawould go for a carbon, something like Spesh Roubaix or Cannondale Synapse
to be particularly expensive
Is it worth it, It would mean downing the specs in order to anfford the frame

What is the view here

I've got a Van Nic Yukon (5/6 years old) Mrs PK has an Enigma Etape Disc. 6monthe old. We both love 'em and are heading up Ventoux next week. both are great for all day rides, comfortable position, kill the road buzz and no need to be precious about how you treat them.

Top Bottom