Is Titanium worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Titanium is lush :-) if I buy another road bike it'll be Ti. Talk to enigma down in Sussex, they have a full range of styles and if your pockets are deep they'll custom build :smile:

Otherwise spa have a very good deal on the Sabbath Aspire in most sizes. 10 speed triple but £1150. Most Ti will be 2-3k

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m1b0s21p3404/SABBATH-Aspire-105

Fatbirds also have a huge range of brands
You're a very naughty Vickster for posting that link up on here. It's got me right distracted!

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd probably have bought one myself if it wasn't for the 105 shifters!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My wife recently accused me of not being a proper middle aged man, because my mid life crisis purchases aren't dramatic enough, when I owned up to spending £90 on a soft shell jacket. The thing is, I can't buy another bike, as it would upset my existing bikes too much. Goodness knows there was enough sibling rivalry when the Brompton turned up.

vickster

Legendary Member
Positive I hope, I've nearly convinced myself I can afford one.
I'm expecting not from the context!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You're a very naughty Vickster for posting that link up on here. It's got me right distracted!

I had a serious think about a ti bike a while ago, but decided my limited push bike fitness couldn't justify the outlay.

"All the gear, no idea" doesn't bother me too much, but "All the gear, no puff" is more of a problem.

My limited research pointed firmly towards Sabbath - the bikes really look the business.

Spa's own brand looked a bit home made in comparison, although they are cheaper and more customisable.

I had a brief look at a Van Nich, it gave me the same impression as the Sabbaths.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had a serious think about a ti bike a while ago, but decided my limited push bike fitness couldn't justify the outlay.

"All the gear, no idea" doesn't bother me too much, but "All the gear, no puff" is more of a problem.

My limited research pointed firmly towards Sabbath - the bikes really look the business.

Spa's own brand looked a bit home made in comparison, although they are cheaper and more customisable.

I had a brief look at a Van Nich, it gave me the same impression as the Sabbaths.
My fitness, or lack of it, doesn't really come into it. I'm fantasising about it as a last bike and a bike to last. Oh, and a triple, I really prefer triples to compacts!

vickster

Legendary Member
My fitness, or lack of it, doesn't really come into it. I'm fantasising about it as a last bike and a bike to last. Oh, and a triple, I really prefer triples to compacts!
I don't really count £1150 as an especially expensive bike especially for a piece of craftsmanship like a Ti model is IMO :blush: Yes, I wouldn't pay that for aluminium but I have for carbon and steel

The estimate 4K price tag did put me off buying the condor new, my regret was compounded when they stopped doing it...now I scour eBay for one!

Top Bottom