Isla bike arrives today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Within 10 mins today he had mastered setting himself off and pedalling so fast his feet would come off pedals as it spun out :laugh: we had to tell him to slow down. He cycled 4 miles on lune cycle path with poor me running behind sweating like mad and sprinting at some points. We figured a few weeks or so before I had to go out on my bike with him.....erm think again ^_^ if I could upload a video I would, he is flying already

U

User482

Yesterday, mini User482 cycled 8 miles on the Strawberry line from Yatton to Axbridge. Not bad for a 4 year old...

Twilkes

Guru
Does anyone know if the design of the Cnoc bikes has changed over the last few years, e.g. is there a disadvantage of buying a 2015/16 bike over what is available now?

steven1988

Veteran
Does anyone know if the design of the Cnoc bikes has changed over the last few years, e.g. is there a disadvantage of buying a 2015/16 bike over what is available now?

All depends on what Cnoc you mean the 14 was split in to Small and large a couple of years ago.

As far as i am aware there is a small weight difference between a 15/16 and a 2020 model, but you are talking grams

BurningLegs

Veteran
As above, the 14 is now small vs large. Older cnoc 14s would now be considered a large so if this is a very first bike for a smaller 3 year old for example then new would be an advantage because the small option is available and more appropriate than the older ones.

We’ve just bought our three year old a Strider 14x with pedal kit for Christmas. He currently has a Strider 12 balance bike so hopefully a good stepped approach for him to go 12 inch balance bike > 14 inch balance bike > 14 inch pedal bike (Strider 14 with pedal kit).

Twilkes

Guru
Ended up buying a 2016 Cnoc 16, not sure if there's any difference between that and today's model, but it was a good second hand price, only been used for a year apparently and the spotless condition backed that up.

There is a little tear on the saddle, and a replacement saddle would be £25 but is a single integrated saddle/seat post which apparently saves a little bit of weight, but it's already really light so not too worried about anything like that.

He's a tall and chunky 3 1/2 year old, at the bottom end of the inside leg range for the 16 but he handles his balance bike well so should be fine on it. Either of the 14s he would likely have grown out of by the time the good weather came back.

Top Bottom