Isle of Wight Randonnée - Sunday 1st May 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
May Bank Holiday weekend - weather's bound to be lovely
icon_lol.gif

Who's up for this ?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'll say yes, I suffered dreadfully on my first one this year, so did my very loyal friends(by being loyal), but the route is absolutely stunning. I really would like to do it when not feeling so ill and it would be nice if the weather wasn't as abysmal as this year either!!

So I'm a yes and I'm also going to be musing around the idea of going the day before or staying on the island overnight afterwards. The afters sounds like it contains the potential for much merriment. I know some go and camp but I'm more of a hotel, or B&B in a pinch, type guy.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I do this ride every year. It's a nice warm up for season. This years Randonnee was horrid for the weather, so fingers crossed, this time will be better!

Saddle bum

Über Member
I plan to do it and have already booked accommodation. SWMBO has decreed she is coming along for a free holiday.

Depending on how fit I am, I will choose nearer the day what distance I ride.

More details on the September event would be appreciated.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I'll keep an eye out for you Cunobelin and give you a helping push up the ramp of the chain ferry if you need it! :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This randonee is already in my diary. This will be the 12th time I have done it. It is anticlockwise this year which I think is slightly harder. It is a really good ride though.

Top Bottom