Isle of Wight Randonnée - Sunday 1st May 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
That's a shame PS.
I've booked there & back ferry for Sunday so camping not an option.

This ride will see me clocking up 1000 miles for the year.

ditto... Got my train tickets, £12 return, so hopefully it will be a cheap weekend, and I can get a ride in on the Saturday too :smile:
I'll be staying/starting in Cowes - look out for me at the back on my black Ridgeback tourer, in my best Lidl kit.

Look out for me on blue Galaxy tourer, in my best Aldi kit.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will the Aldi / Lidl thread become the same heated discussion as Shimano / Campagnolo?

In case no one's mentioned it already; the ticket office at Southampton can get very busy with long queues, best to book on line. They've updated their system so you can now print an e ticket and not have to go to the ticket office anyway, as in the past.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Anyone care to start a sweepstake for the weather being better or worse than last year!

Aah, who cares, it'll still be fun...

Ride careful on those greasy roads people.

Before40

4th Time this year. After last year & that appalling weather i said "Never Again", but, alas the temptation is too great as the ride is a beauty!
07:15 ferry from So'ton. They usually have the registration tent set up on arrival in Cowes around 08:00...........

Done it many times and was planning to go again this year but looking at the weather forecast and thinking of the wind along the southern leg have decided to extend my stay Oop North and get some more cycling in in the Lakes instead where it's forecast wall to wall sun all day. Enjoy the Bembridge cakes and tea stop :smile:

albal

Guru
i 'm planning on getting the 0745 lymington - yarmouth. After last nights shenanigans in ale house feeling like cr4p :biggrin:more water please!........ see you there, lidl flyer

Wildduck

Quackers and support team ready!

Bring on the hills! :evil:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Have a glorious day one and all, I rode the route yesterday as a spot of wedding avoidance. I had no idea how great road cycling is on the island.

Lumpty isn't it....?

RUTHIEBAV

My better half and I are doing the 100k tomorrow. Both of us on our new bikes so really looking forward to it. Going across on 8am Southampton ferry if I can get organised, 9am one if not organised. Shame we wont recognise any fellow cyclechat members.
RuthieB

My better half and I are doing the 100k tomorrow. Both of us on our new bikes so really looking forward to it. Going across on 8am Southampton ferry if I can get organised, 9am one if not organised. Shame we wont recognise any fellow cyclechat members.

As others have said, get your tickets on-line in advance. There can be big queues for tickets for those ferries. Seeing the lower deck filled with cyclists on the 08:00 though can be pretty impressive.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
RuthieB

Well, there'll be a trike or two, one of which may have a flag with a duck on it. Anyone wearing a CycleChat shirt..And if you see a ginger guy on a black Condor Squadra (with a big bag on the seatpost his back), might well be me. As the weather forecasts are looking less bleak (still blowy, but dry), I'm in.
Booked on the 8am car ferry from Pompey.

Top Bottom