1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It could have been love!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dayvo, 26 Sep 2007.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Jacqui Roberts (an old school-friend) 1978-1991

Aase Nielsen (my best mate's sister in Norway) 1985-1994

A couple of friends who never became girlfriends! :sad:

The years given in brackets weren't their dates of births and deaths, just the years I was just good friends with them. xx(

Who were you close to, but never got round to asking out, for one reason or another?

2. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Never been into this 'close friends business' - yuh either "£$% em or forget en, my books.......! ;p

3. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

My mum?

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

(I jest of course!)

5. Ummm, you mean 'the one that got away?' Don't really have any of those but there are a couple of people who I think 'if I had just said X'... then things might have been different. But hey, that's life!!

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Kirstie from CycleChat for me, if only...ahhhhh

Sorry Dayvo, I know both yours Jacqui Roberts and Aase Nielsen and they were never really interested mate, sorry.

7. xx(:biggrin::biggrin:

I always have the policy of never keeping in touch with exes but there are a couple that i wonder about ie how they are getting on and all that.

8. pw2389

pw2389 New Member

Yup, a wise policy that and one I stick to religiously... xx(

I have to say over the last 10 years, I've lost the curiousity that I once had. All that matters is the here and now...Lord, I'm feeling philosophical this evening :eek:

9. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

But that Jacqui Roberts! Was she a go-er or what? That was one of the most exhausting fortnights of my life!

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Aye, she knew a trick or two.

11. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

xx(

12. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

ahhh, the nites i spent videoing Jacqui and Aase (good name!) gamming each other out while i sat in the corner with my box of tissues....xx(

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Sharon Bentley.

I was a love-sick 14 year old, scratching her name into my desk and feeling sick whenever I thought about her.

She was 3 years older, and while I know she more than liked me, the age difference was an issue for her at that age, as it is. So it all remained unspoken.

So I went out with her little sister for four years. Who never knew how I felt.

14. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Heh! I fancied someone I met and got to know better since then, and I've realised, as I've got to know him, that I'm really glad he turned me down, 'cos though a mate, he is basically bonkers. Does that count?

15. As a 'near miss' it certainly does!