It makes my blood boil!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Almost certainly if he has no previous.
I'd be amazed if this was the case given that he seems to have issues with his temper!

d87heaven

I expect it will be a case of 'I was provoked' or 'I am having a difficult time' . What really gets my goat is when they mitigate to not lose their licence if its a driving offence, if your livelihood depends on your licence then be a bit more carefull. I just hope whatever happens he changes his ways, sadly some people just don't care though.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well, we shouldn't have too long to wait, he's due in court on Monday.

What interests me much more is the registered owner - I want to know if they are going to be charged with some sort of offence for obstructing justice or whatever it's called. I bet they knew the assailant all along.

I expect it will be a case of 'I was provoked' or 'I am having a difficult time' . What really gets my goat is when they mitigate to not lose their licence if its a driving offence, if your livelihood depends on your licence then be a bit more carefull. I just hope whatever happens he changes his ways, sadly some people just don't care though.

Even though unfortunately all to often they get used as an excuse along with the "I didn't see him/her" or "they swerved right into my path," for their dangerous/illegal behavior it isn't an excuse.

It'd be nice if when a motorist uses either of those last two excuses if the police would take those statements down and use them as evidence that the motorist(s) in question weren't paying attention to their driving.

Tommi

Even though unfortunately all to often they get used as an excuse along with the "I didn't see him/her" or "they swerved right into my path," for their dangerous/illegal behavior it isn't an excuse.
I fully agree with you that the excuse "I wasn't paying attention" should be treated as an immediate admission of not paying attention.

Swerving into your path is more like driving too fast or too close for the situation...

I fully agree with you that the excuse "I wasn't paying attention" should be treated as an immediate admission of not paying attention.

Swerving into your path is more like driving too fast or too close for the situation...

Exactly, sadly too many motorists grossly underestimate our speed. That's how they end up cutting us off. They've underestimated our speed and thought that they'd miss us and don't.

And then they use one of those weak ar$se excuses:

"I didn't see him/her."

or

"They just 'swerved' into my way."

Or any of hundred or so other dumbass excuse that they use to defend/excuse their actions. Why can't people just accept responsibility for their actions and adimt when they've smegged up? Why do they have to look for ways to blame the victim? Other than of course it's easier to blame the other guy.

Gandalf

Veteran
Exactly, sadly too many motorists grossly underestimate our speed. That's how they end up cutting us off. They've underestimated our speed and thought that they'd miss us and don't.

And then they use one of those weak ar$se excuses:

"I didn't see him/her."

or

"They just 'swerved' into my way."

Or any of hundred or so other dumbass excuse that they use to defend/excuse their actions. Why can't people just accept responsibility for their actions and adimt when they've smegged up? Why do they have to look for ways to blame the victim? Other than of course it's easier to blame the other guy.

You omitted my favourite "he/she came out of nowhere".

Mine was the opposite

"You were hidden behind the other car. I THOUGHT YOU'D GONE"

I never worked out where he thought I had "gone" to and how.

We cyclists must be truly amazing, the way we go switching in and out of different realities and alternate universes on a whim

Mine was the opposite

"You were hidden behind the other car. I THOUGHT YOU'D GONE"

I never worked out where he thought I had "gone" to and how.

We cyclists must be truly amazing, the way we go switching in and out of different realities and alternate universes on a whim

Do ya think we should tell them where:

a) the wormholes are
b) the transwarp corridors are
c) that we're not actually riding bikes but TARDIS' with working chameleon circuits

Top Bottom