It wasn't clever and I'm not proud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

On my usual commute home last night, coming to a tricky section which I've posted on before. Basically a busy residential road (the main road into two large housing estates. There is a blind left turn with a petrol station to the right then 50 yards of straight before the road forks either straight on or turns right. Do it every night so cling to the central white line (super primary) this is the only position which prevents cars trying to overtake on the blind bend and being forced into me by oncoming traffic. I then stay in that position as I'm turning right and again don't wish to have people overtake while I'm turning right. There is plenty of space to my left to pass if going straight on or even if they choose to undertake and turn right. Not good enough for the gentleman in the Ford Focus following me last night, Honk Honk, I again indicate I'm turning right, honk honk, I look over my shoulder at the driver who appears to have steam coming out of his ears :tongue:. Honk Honk. He then starts to undertake me, driving parrallel he winds the window down and while steering with one hand leans out of the window (not far obviously) and starts to say "are you looking to...." Unfortunately it was at this point I remembered I hadn't tested my Airzound this week! As Airzound owners will be aware they are somewhat tempremental and require testing regularly. Baaaarp, I have to give the guy credit how he managed to stop, jump and turn white at the same time I don't know. I turned the corner and carried on my way a 100 yards further on he passed me giving me lots of room, I gave him a cheery wave and smiled all the way home.
As I said not clever, I'm not proud of it but boy did it feel good.
:angry:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
He was testing his horn, you tested yours.

;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

spindrift

I had this on Thorpe Road in Norwich, turning right up telegraph lane. It's a narrow two lane road, so I move right and wait a foot inside the central line and wait for a gap in the oncoming traffic as a Merc behind bibs the horn.

Why?

WTF do you want me to do?

I ignored it, maybe i should have had a word, asked him to get on my bike while i sit in his car and press his stupid horn.

domtyler

Über Member
Just thinking, on quite a few occasions when I have been beeped, and I've been tooled up with the AirZound, I have beeped back the same pattern they did, i.e. they do a "Beeeeep ... beeep", I do a "Beeeeep ... beeep" which has then turned into a little game with us both playing tunes on our horns! ;) and any situation has turned into something more positive, even had a few smiles and waves after this kind of thing! ;)

spindrift

domtyler said:
Just thinking, on quite a few occasions when I have been beeped, and I've been tooled up with the AirZound, I have beeped back the same pattern they did, i.e. they do a "Beeeeep ... beeep", I do a "Beeeeep ... beeep" which has then turned into a little game with us both playing tunes on our horns! ;) and any situation has turned into something more positive, even had a few smiles and waves after this kind of thing! ;)

Mmmm, you could do that if you encountered an alien spaceship like in that fillum:

"I tooted my horn at an alien spaceship with lights and that".

Top Bottom