It weighs HOW much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I see the guy is from New Zealand.
They will have criminals over there, but perhaps there's an element of cultural differences in the way he behaved.

Drago

Legendary Member
Crime in NZ towns isn't far behind ours by a big margin. Serious and organised crime is somewhat ahead of us per capita, so I don't think he can us the "I hail from la Di da land where we go put and leave our children unlocked" as an excuse.

Most likely he was simply to lazy/tight mot but and/or carry even the most basic lock.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
For those who seem to be criticising him for not having a lock. People don't tend to carry locks on club runs!

He made a mistake, a pretty rudimentary one (I would have taken the bike in or shouted one of the cashiers and asked them to ring the item I wanted through and bring it to the door) but I don't think he deserves even a fraction of the insults being thrown his way!

400bhp

Guru
For those who seem to be criticising him for not having a lock. People don't tend to carry locks on club runs!

He made a mistake, a pretty rudimentary one (I would have taken the bike in or shouted one of the cashiers and asked them to ring the item I wanted through and bring it to the door) but I don't think he deserves even a fraction of the insults being thrown his way!

No, and I'm disappointed on the response too.:sad:

We've all fecked up (perhaps left a car or house door unlocked, left keys unattended somewhere, left a mobile phone lying around ONCE in our lives). The guy has paid a pretty high price for that.

If he's a valued club member it would be good to see the club have a bit of a whip round and get him back on the road again. Decathlon Triban 3, £10 each off 30 members. Job done.

Oldspice

There's no reason to bring a bicycle inside a shop. If you don't want to lock it up outside tough luck.

Graham

Hopefully not someone who is on CC.
:giggle:
If he was on here, he probably isn't anymore after these comments. Friendly forum?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had an argument with the jobs worth manager of a Tesco metro in Thetford, when I took my bike in with me at 6.30 am. " you can't bring that in here" "why not?". He didn't have an answer other than to say "don't bring it in next time"
The girl behind chuckled when I said there wouldn't be a next time.

My basic rule of thumb is not to let my bike out of my sight if possible and still to lock it with a basic lock even then.
I took my bike into the local Morrisons last Monday at about 9.45pm. I wanted a cycle mag(what else:rolleyes:)so i lent it on the newspaper stand. I then thought i'd wander over to the real ale section and buy some bottles, keeping a beady eye on my bike. I saw a lad and his girlfriend looking at the bike, then he sat on it and was pointing it at the exit door and moving off!:ohmy: I forgot about the beer and pegged it over where i was confronted with a "It's mine what's the problem?!" Fear of attack went out the window, i put my spd'd hard soled shoe on top of his flimsy trainer and said "I'm the problem, get off my bike or i'll pepper spray you"! pointing my anti bac' mini spray(that i always carry in case of dog crap contact etc) at him!;) It worked, he got off and left.
It just shows though, that they'll even try to nick your bike if you take it in with you!:dry:

To be fair I dont carry a bike lock around either. However I also dont leave my £1800 bicycle anywhere outside my locked shed. If I have to go into a shop or something the bike comes in with me or I dont bother buying.

Top Bottom