Itch scratched.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran

Sorry. There's sod all on that but feathers floating across the screen, once you are past the adverts for Far Eastern holidays.

I probably would have done the same. Can’t wait to try one, or something similar sometime. I live in a city where everything is close by, so something like that would be great for scoot-arounds. But so is my urbanized mountain bike. Our apartment building bike room is very handy, so any bike can come out easy, but I’m already stacked 3-bikes deep so I should just behave. Jostling the 3 of them, locking/unlocking, moving is already a bit of a circus. I’m just glad I don’t have to keep any of them in our 2nd floor apartment. :wacko: Nice find, Darius.
Do they have any Brompton hire boxes near you ?

https://www.bromptonbikehire.com/docks

12boy

Guru
I love mine and it is my favorite unless gravel, snow and ice are the menu du jour. I can carry a lot if weight if I need to and it might be 1/2 mph slower than my big wheel bikes. Round these parts people think nothing of dropping 5k on a mountain bike and the Bromptie is a bargain by comparison. I regularly ride around 20 miles a day and it is no more work than my other rides.
I like the brilliant bikes YouTube presentations and there are lots more on a variety of DIY Bromptie stuff from others as well. I hope your experience with your Brompton is as good as mine has been.

Attachments

• 20200804_154527.jpg
    20200804_154527.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 12

Julia9054

Guru
A colleague used to work in a bike shop when he was a student. They used to have a fold/unfold a Brompton race every morning. Whoever could do it the fastest got to work on the Brompton section that day

gom

Über Member
I got mine (22 years ago - as noted elsewhere - yawn, yawn) when I was left some money by a relative. No real use for it then or since, but never regretted it. And it has proved very useful of course, making train + bike a viable option many times. I 💛 Brompton.
Enjoy!

Top Bottom